2019 Frey Fat AM1000

Ravi Kempaiah

what other bikes would you consider that are similar to this?
As you mentioned previously, Biktrix Ultra.

I would add the following:

1. FLX Blade

2. Hipower cycles: Scout and Titan.
    http://hi-powercycles.com/electric-bikes/

3. Do not blindly fall for the full-suspension allure for light off-roading or paved surfaces (you say that you are not intending to do hardcore mountain biking).
    Wide tires with the right kind of frame and geometry gives you plenty of comfort.
    Whether it is Frey or Biktrix or Hi-Powercycles, plus sized tire + ultra motor would be sufficient.

4. Lastly, your budget also dictates what you may end up with. A full suspension bike with Bafang Ultra motor and super high-end components could cost you upwards of $10K. Here is an example: https://www.lamerecycles.com/ultrabeast

TForan

I think that suspension should be left to serious EMTBs , not fat tire bikes. I swapped out the front fork on mine to a solid one and greatly improved the steering and saved 5 lbs off the front.

Cmulv

Hello Scordato,

I am about to pull the trigger on a Frey AM1000.
Ivy is working on the price as I write.
If you are interested in getting one let me know, I live on Long Island as well and we can probably work a better deal if we buy together.

Thanks
Vinny

Hey Vinny I'm on Long Island to

I was also thinking about getting The frey 1000

Yeah get back to me let me know we should get a couple people together and get them shipped to a local bike shop. One that knows about the bikes and can help set up and troubleshoot
You get back to me let me know very interested

Cmulv

I have been in contact with Ivy for last few weeks and she has quoted me for the one bike. They just recently changed the minimum order requirement...maybe still working out mfg kinks?

I am pretty much ready to order unless anyone is aware of better options worth considering?

Vinny, what is good way to contact you?

Hey guys add me to the mix. Also looking to order get in touch with me I'd like to possibly go in with you guys

bugnut

Hey guys add me to the mix. Also looking to order get in touch with me I'd like to possibly go in with you guys
Hello Cmulv, I ordered the AM1000 about a month ago. I am supposed to get it next Wednesday. After speaking with scordato and sending him some info he never got back to me so I ordered the bike. Where on Long Island are you?

Cmulv

Hello Cmulv, I ordered the AM1000 about a month ago. I am supposed to get it next Wednesday. After speaking with scordato and sending him some info he never got back to me so I ordered the bike. Where on Long Island are you?

Hey I'm in Bayshore Where are you?

My name is Chris. That's awesome about the bike

Yeah that bike looks way cool

I'm currently riding a Juiced cross-current. I got it set up pretty nice and it's a good bike. But I really want to check out a mid Drive

All right hit me back let me know where you located I'd love to talk more.

Cmulv

Nice, yeah that looks like a great all around bike. I think that tire size will really be great combined with the power and suspension. Alright cool keep in touch let me know when you get it I'd love to hear more about it

bugnut

Nice, yeah that looks like a great all around bike. I think that tire size will really be great combined with the power and suspension. Alright cool keep in touch let me know when you get it I'd love to hear more about it
Will do

Soloked

This is the bike.
Hi I found this thread because I was interested in this bike also and was running some numbers. I love the looks of this bike in this picture.

I am curious if you ever got the bike and if it's as good as you wanted. Looks like it just needs a dropper post, tubeless set up and hack off that kickstand.

I would love to see more pics!

Timpo

I know it's a bit off topic but how much voltage can Bafang Ultra take? People on YouTube are going up as high as 72V.

Soloked

I know it's a bit off topic but how much voltage can Bafang Ultra take? People on YouTube are going up as high as 72V.
I don't know much about the electrical but I'm pretty sure this thing is a beast that can take much more power. However, it will take a controller upgrade to run more than 52v.

Dmitri

The rear suspension linkage and the the whole geometry is just so ... what can I say... lacks engineering and finesse. I met the folks from Frey at the Interbike 2015 show. Nice people but I really doubt if they have the engineering know-how to design a superb suspension.
In my subjective understanding, being tempted by bikes like Frey AM 11000 is like being seduced by a woman who has big breasts. Most people fall for the Bafang Ultra motor, which is a very powerful motor but everything else on that bike is mediocre. They may use Rockshox, Magura MT5 but the suspension design itself makes the capabilities of RockShox redundant.
I support pretty much all of the above. Also a FullFatSix owner.

I've had a chance to experience the Frey "Hunter" model and, to be honest, you really do get what you pay for. The Bafang Ultra is powerful but very unrefined and requires immediate tuning (default Ultra settings are way off), the bike is extremely heavy, and some engineering decisions are questionable.