2020 Giant E-Bike Models and Photos

t_h_k

I ducked into the local Giant store in Victoria, Canada yesterday. They had several of the 2020 models on display and said there would be 27 ebike models in total this year. Here are a couple of highlights. Sorry in advance for photo quality. I expect the details are on the Giant Canada website.

The Fastroad E+ EX PRO looked like the replacement for my Explore E+ 1. The main points were:
- smaller battery (375WH); said they did a study and most users did not require higher capacity due to length of rides so they chose to reduce weight
- looks lighter and more streamlined; frame tubes much narrower, esp. around top of seat stays
- overall seemed to be at least 5 pounds lighter in lift test (no science at all in that)
- only one chainring on front and no front derailleur

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_302e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_302c.jpg

They also had a nice looking gravel bike. Shimano GRX components and 375 WH battery.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3031.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_302f.jpg

Saratoga Dave

As a very happy Toughroad owner I am intrigued by that Revolt, but mine has a 500 battery. I get why they are leaning to the smaller one with the extra pack, but I would have to have that and there’s another little pile of cash. It would add up to some pretty decent range for touring operations, though.

planetbike

Thanks for posting. I’m surprised your store already has a Revolt! They arent shipping those here for a while yet. Wish there was a way to power lights on that machine for dual use as a commuter. I sat on a fast road the other day, it’s the replacement for the Quick E, not the Explore.

Captain Slow

I'm not sold on the smaller battery. I like the lineup and pricing is reasonable, but as Dave says I'd probably need the range extender which is pretty pricey.

Will have to see what the competition offers before deciding which way to go. If the Giant had a 500 or 600 wh battery and maybe only another $500 or so then I think I'd get the Giant no question.

drewberz

I'm pretty excited for Revolt E+. I think it solves a couple issues I've had including chain retention and tire width on the Road E+ and figure, as battery capacity improves you can add bigger and bigger extensions.

I saw that the 250Wh extension was ~$400 overseas. Put a 180mm rotor on the front and 46T chainring on the bike and it is a very capable roadie.

Captain Slow

In Canada the range extender isn't shown on the website. They do show the 500 wh battery for $1,150 Cdn. - It would be nice if they gave the buyer an option to choose the battery when buying.

jabberwocky

I'm not sold on the smaller battery. I like the lineup and pricing is reasonable, but as Dave says I'd probably need the range extender which is pretty pricey.

Will have to see what the competition offers before deciding which way to go. If the Giant had a 500 or 600 wh battery and maybe only another $500 or so then I think I'd get the Giant no question.
I'm looking for an ebike I can gravel with, and the Revolt is super intriguing, but I agree that the smaller battery is a huge minus for me. Its a little weird that, in a time where everyone is moving to more capacity and longer range, Giant decided to reduce their battery pretty much across the lineup. If the Revolt had a more standard 500whr battery I'd probably have one ordered already. As it is, I'm kinda waiting for some reviews to come out and discuss practical range and costs of the external range extender.

In Canada the range extender isn't shown on the website. They do show the 500 wh battery for $1,150 Cdn. - It would be nice if they gave the buyer an option to choose the battery when buying.

None of them are listed as compatible with the Revolt though. It would be great if they offered a 500whr as an upgrade when you purchase though!