2020 Yamaha YPJ-YZ

J.R.

Yamaha YPJ-YZ electric mountain bike
This full-suspension electric mountain bike features a split downtube to hide the battery inside the frame. Its long-travel suspension suggests the bike is designed for more intense trails including jumps, while its steeper rake angle implies that it might even earn some downhill credibility as well.

According to Yamaha:
“This e-bike was designed with the looks of a race machine riding out on the track. Its mass-centralized chassis is suggestive of the engineering approach with our YZ Series of competition motocross models (locating chassis weight near the center for increased handling performance). The YPJ-YZ provides stable cornering performance and light handling even on rough terrain and the simple, lightweight frame was designed to show its relationship with YZ Series models.”

Feliz

Why is the Kashima coating on the top side of the inverted forks?

Too much fork slack.
Are the forks inverted? They don't look like any inverted forks I've had but they are strange looking. That's probably the nicest looking ebike I've seen.

Timpo

Are the forks inverted? They don't look like any inverted forks I've had but they are strange looking. That's probably the nicest looking ebike I've seen.
yeah it is inverted, look at the pictures closely.. the blue part with graphics is fork cover.

bob armani

Love the florescent color combo with the brake caliper accents. Perhaps $5-6K for this work of art... Have not seen the inverted forks on too many eMTBs released in the USA.