48v Falco 750Hx ??

imaleone

Ive had my 750Hx for 3 years now. unbelieveably the 36v battery is still going strong. I do see voltage sag earlier however.
i am starting a thread to hopefully understand batteries better.
I am upgrading and the available voltages are tempting. You can see how with a 52v offering a person can concevably power the hub. falcos controller is rated for 50v max and 50A (allbeit with adjustment).. setting,
I have an email out but believe the referred setting is the ability for some users to go to off road mode.
Anyway, batteries rated at 48 V really have a full charge of somewhere between 51-55V. that risks controller damage. So i have a 45V 13Ah battery. 50V max charge.

MLB

Won't the higher voltage increase the heat levels which will have the controller cutting power earlier? I have that problem with the 36v and my 500.

imaleone

I have not had any trouble with temp sensor. In fact my hub never really gets warm. There may be trouble if you are a west coaster and overdrive your hub at full throttle. Your 500 should be handling that 36v with no problem.

MLB

if you read back there were problems with most ALL of them. ;)

Mine is never above level 3 and usually at 1 or 2. Always peddling it will be cutting out for thermal at 10 miles or so. Very common..........

Bike_On

@MLB
I have the 500Hx as well running 36v 11.6 Ah with no problems
how do you know its the temp sensor?
You have to remember that it's NOT a problem with the Temp Sensor in that it is doing what it was designed to do: Protect the motor.

At level 5, a fresh battery can put out 30A >> 1080 W at 36V. The 500HX is rated for 500W, so running it hard SHOULD eventually hit the threashold temperature.

Do I like it? No. I want my 500HX to run at 1000-1200W when needed and not cut back. I suppose that's a reason to upgrade to a 750HX.

MLB

I'm perfectly happy with the reasonable power limits. I have motorcycles if I don't want to bike.