Baramind suspension handlebar - softening the ride

Ravi Kempaiah

Few E-bikers on this forum own this and find it useful.
@Chuck E. Cheese et al.

A review of this unique handlebar is presented by Pete at electric bike report.

A video from the company itself:

Over50

Just had mine delivered yesterday (Bam Trek). Ordered it from the company's website and it arrived from France in about a week. I have it on standby for the Allant+.

Ravi Kempaiah

Just had mine delivered yesterday (Bam Trek). Ordered it from the company's website and it arrived from France in about a week. I have it on standby for the Allant+.
Awesome. Let us know your thoughts once you put some miles on them.
I think it can be a great accessory that doesn't add weight yet still bring plushness to the ride.

FlatSix911

Few E-bikers on this forum own this and find it useful.@Chuck E. Cheese et al. A review of this unique handlebar is presented by Pete at electric bike report. A video from the company itself:
Very interesting tech... thanks for sharing. ;)

Baramind handlebars flex downwards but are rigid upwards, with the intention of providing suspension on bumpy roads and tracks and reducing vibrations to the rider’s hands and wrists in the process. This is achieved by the use of what Baramind describe as ‘a new kind of material directly coming from the aeronautics industry’. In fact it is a blend of fiberglass and carbon, used in the form of a plate hidden inside the mid section of the bars.

With the rider’s weight on the bars this plate flexes downwards to provide some modest suspension (up to around 30mm) and more rigid inserts in the top of the bar which do not move under compression mean that upward pressure on the bar ends – for example when pedalling hard – will not lead to the bars moving upwards which might mean loss of power or control.

christob

Fascinating!
I wonder how different it would "feel" for me -- not because of adding the vibration handling/flex, but because their 2 available sizes are not a straight match up with my existing handlebar.

Today: 700mm, 15degree backsweep, 18mm rise.
BAM City: 620mm, 20degree backsweep, 5degree rise.
BAM Trek: 660mm, 12degree backsweep, 5degree rise.

With Trek, I'd lose 0.75 inches from each side, and a slightly shallower backsweep angle... Sounds like a pretty close match, I think...
With City, I'd lose 1.5 inches from each side, but gain more backsweep angle... the total 3-inch loss could be a challenge, as I feel like my handlebar now is "reasonably crowded"...

Ravi Kempaiah

I wonder how different it would "feel" for me -- not because of adding the vibration handling/flex, but because their 2 available sizes are not a straight match up with my existing handlebar.
If you are looking to get more comfortable ride experience, I think it is worth to try it.
If you are an Amazon prime member, you could order it from the UK website :

Thomas Jaszewski

im always amazed by these reviews an recommendations. I rode bikes for 50 years without suspension products. But now use suspension seat posts. I think the decision might best be made on the basis of riding needs. Me? I ride on flat streets average runs of * miles one way on mediocre maintained streets. Averaging 20 mph and cognizant enough to avoid rough patches, a decent suspension seat post and tires with a range of pressure levels does it all. As usual, YMMV. But IME and in my environment expensive suspens upgrades are over rated. Mind, your ebike is a dream boat. But perhaps more than hobby riders need. That said, if I were a daily commuter I’d want mire. But I think more often than not we over sell some features.

after reviewing you build I think you’ve developed one of the sweetest bikes available. If you ever need an independent review feel free to send a test sample. Almost true. You two fellas are incredible. I’m a total curmudgeon and near impossible to please with OEM builds, but your bikes are simply over the top. I hope you are a complete success. It’s well earned and deserved.

without your input EBR would be a disappointing forum.

you and your partner deserve to be a complete success. Heck, you even please FeliZ. But