Best option right now? [Haibike FullFatSix]

Dmitri

I see absolutely no point in either an oval ring or a 2x setup on an electric bike. Rear range is already too large for an ebike as-is, both 11-46 and 11-42 with a front 38 chainring offer a lot more range than you'd reasonably need, like, ever. If you are actually using 38-46 you are probably going at walking speed or digging yourself into sand or snow.

Johnny

I actually like 2x setups more. They are cheaper while giving a very wide range of gears , instead of 1x11 one can go 2x9 while having having a wider range it also let's one use 9 speed chains which are cheaper and more durable than their 10-11-12 speed counterparts. The chain stays straight compared to 1x setups which increases chain life.

33red

I actually like 2x setups more. They are cheaper while giving a very wide range of gears , instead of 1x11 one can go 2x9 while having having a wider range it also let's one use 9 speed chains which are cheaper and more durable than their 10-11-12 speed counterparts. The chain stays straight compared to 1x setups which increases chain life.
100% agree.

Dmitri

Keep in mind there are also ebike-dedicated 1×9 setups available, such as Box One, for example.
Sadly, Box no longer sell their push-push shifter (due to some copyright issue), so their shifter is no different to others, though perhaps a bit more user-serviceable.
That said, the derailleur is Shimano-compatible, so you can use an XT shifter if you want.

Projectm

Kinda depends what you want it for. If you just want a fun n+1 bike for occasional use then a £1k would be more than enough to spend on one. If you want to use it as your main bike I’d spend more, personally I’d look at something like the Canyon Dude – surprised me how light they are when I lifted one up the other day.