Bike Alarm

Nxkharra

Does anyone uses a remote controlled bike alarm?

Just saw an add for cheap one. Is it worth it? Does it work?

BBassett

I do. But I only use it when I lock and cover my bike. If it is visible someone could smash it with a hammer before it even knew wtf was happening. When it's under the cover someone would activate it before they knew it was there.

ChezCheese:)

I use this one: https://amzn.to/2H85KEl. I have it underneath the seat, and it was a very tight fit (I had to remove the back cover even). No way anyone can remove it. It works great! Gives me peace of mind knowing that if anybody messes with my bike in anyway, that alarm is going to make it very obvious. And people dont expect an alarm on a bike, so it really startles.

Nxkharra

I bought the similar item from Amazon. Will arrive tomorrow. That was going to be my plan also. To install under the seat or inside the little bag I carry for spare and lock...

Nxkharra

Agree. I am ok to pay higher price now to get a really good product that lasts. Haven’t find it yet.
Like the concept also.

BBassett

The purpose of life is to do more than just the minimum... more than just "good enough". Try it sometime.

BBassett

When you own (and ride daily) a 10K dollar bike security is always primary in today's world full of shitheels. At least in the "good 'ol days" I could shoot someone in the back of the head for trying to stealing my "horse". The back of the head so it doesn't get all over the horse.

Feliz

$10,000? Someone's $1,000 bike may mean more to them than your $10,000 bike does to you, I have the same alarm as ChezCheese and think it's a good deterrent. Nothing will stop someone who really wants your $10,000 bike, lots of videos to prove that.

BBassett

Wow. What a lot of aggression in a simple online forum thread. Good thing you're just random pixels in my universe.
People see what they want to see Mr. Cheese. Wow! Even better than someone being able to ride multiple bikes at the same time, you have your own Universe?!?!? Spec....Tacular! Something to go and brag about for you I'm guessing. Good luck with your "good enough". Cheers.