Bike friendly Breckenridge (sort of)

Daneflyer

saw this sign on the trail from Breck to Frisco. It’s great that they recognize ebikes, but I can’t ride my class three Stromer on it. Why, because I can go too fast? What about the acoustic bikes that pass me all day at 23 mph? Just doesn’t seem right to restrict me because I COULD go too fast. My car can go 120 mph, but I don’t.

Attachments

J.R.

saw this sign on the trail from Breck to Frisco. It’s great that they recognize ebikes, but I can’t ride my class three Stromer on it. Why, because I can go too fast? What about the acoustic bikes that pass me all day at 23 mph? Just doesn’t seem right to restrict me because I COULD go too fast. My car can go 120 mph, but I don’t.
That was the point of California's (first in the nation) 3 class law. The first group to be disappointed were the eMTB riders. The law didn't allow for ebikes on mtb trails. Next were speed pedelecs, they are relegated to roads. Now this community and others are banning class 2. Class 2 are limited to 20 mph, same as class 1. Think how they feel. It's a shame. Talking to local lawmakers, they want to make sure everyone not disabled are pedaling and not fast. There's little they can do to slow down acoustic riders. Posted speed limits are often ignored.

Daneflyer

That was the point of California's (first in the nation) 3 class law. The first group to be disappointed were the eMTB riders. The law didn't allow for ebikes on mtb trails. Next were speed pedelecs, they are relegated to roads. Now this community and others are banning class 2. Class 2 are limited to 20 mph, same as class 1. Think how they feel. It's a shame. Talking to local lawmakers, they want to make sure everyone not disabled are pedaling and not fast. There's little they can do to slow down acoustic riders. Posted speed limits are often ignored.
Emtb’s are not allowed on trails around Breckenridge either. Guess I could replace my class3 sticker with a class 1, or just remove it. I’m guessing most wouldn’t know any different. I’m afraid here in Denver they will do something similar when they take a second look at the E-bike rules in October. Right now there are no restrictions on e-bikes on state park trails. That would really suck if they enact restrictions since I use the trail every weekday when I commute to work. I also use it for pleasure rides on the weekend.