BionX or bust!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richard Giambruno, Sep 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Richard Giambruno

Richard Giambruno New Member

Is the BionX the only system that has torque-sensing technology which gives you a boost of electric assist when you need it? I see so many systems that give you the 20%,40%,60%,80%,100% option to choose from but is that the same thing? I am a para with some small strength in my legs so I need assist and wonder what would work for me?

2. Please support your local electric bike shop! These guys work hard offering test rides, sharing expertise and performing support.
    EBR strives to be impartial, we don't sell bikes ourselves and keep ads limited and relevant. Donations are greatly appreciated.

3. Andy_in_CA

Andy_in_CA Member

you might want just a cadence sensor on your bike as it detects any pedal movement and applies the power at the level that is set.

just a thought.

Andy

4. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

You should also consider a throttle option. My son is a Quad and has an arm bike set up that plugs in to his TiLite.

B06F2CCD-4AC4-42A1-8A73-6E9C24AA1AC7.jpg

He uses the throttle to get up some momentum and then uses his crank arms to continue. His is a cadence sensor setup and works just fine, and like Andy in CA said it might be a better option and certainly available in many kits that are cheaper, use non proprietary components making them more future proof, and as good as BionX for your needs.

5. EasyMotion utilizes a TMM torque sensor. It is very sensitive to pedal input, much more real life that BionX
    IMHO. For conversion solution Bionx is your best bet.

Forums Made Possible with Support From