Can I trust these pedals? help me decide!

Discussion in 'Parts and Accessories' started by america94, Oct 29, 2017.

1. america94

america94 Active Member

Hi there,

To make a long story short, I carry a large electric fat bike in the trunk of my Corolla. Fits fine but the pedals make it difficult.... I first looked into folding pedals - but don't trust they will last and reasonably priced options up here in Canada are non existing.

I found quick release pedals made by Wellgo with really happy owners. They are now on their 2nd generation with a different quick release connector.

My question: are any of you familiar with them and can provide some feedback? I weigh 180lb, like to ride mostly off road and ride often standing on the pedals. My concern is pedals either breaking or coming off due to quick release mechanism failure (I found a lot of positive comments on the Wellgo 1st gen pedals, not for these).

thanks for your help!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wellgo-Xpedo-Sealed-Bearing-Bicycle-Pedals-MTB-Mountain-Road-Bike-Pedals-Magnesium-Alloy-Ultralight-Cycling-Pedal/32830330736.html

2. Please support your local electric bike shop! These guys work hard offering test rides, sharing expertise and performing support.
    EBR strives to be impartial, we don't sell bikes ourselves and keep ads limited and relevant. Donations are greatly appreciated.

3. TntE3+

TntE3+ New Member

It takes less then 1 min to install a pedal why not just buy a top quality pedal and remove pedal. ??
    That’s what I do, I find it takes longer to put the tires on then the pedal

4. america94

america94 Active Member

Might end up doing that... I already have the front wheel, battery, seatpost, rear bag, pannier to remove-install, trying to avoid more steps - winters get really cold here in Montreal, not cool to work with gloves and quite cold without

5. TntE3+

TntE3+ New Member

Long T handle Allen can be easily operated in heavy snow gloves.
    I would think the quick release wouldn’t be doable with gloves.
    And if iced wouldn’t function properly

america94 likes this.
  6. Leandro

Leandro Member

MKS makes some nice quick release pedals as well, with a variety of different platform options.