Changing from Zoom brakes to Shimano Brakes with electric cut off

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Repairs' started by mikesova, Oct 21, 2017.

1. mikesova

mikesova New Member

I have an E-Joe Koda that has I believe non labeled Zoom 875 hydraulic brakes with electric cutoff. They kind of suck. I bought the bike second hand and the brakes had no pressure and barely stopped the bike. I figured they just needed a rebleed. After bleeding the fronts they worked great. I rebled the rear 3 times and never got them working well. Since then the front brakes still work, but are seeping fluid from where the lever presses in to engage the brake.

[​IMG]

I think I want to just replace the brake system. What I'm looking at are these:

https://www.amazon.com/SHIMANO-Hydr...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=82Z3RRZ5TPDQBEZ51KAV

What I would like to know before ordering them is, will the electric cut off cables fit in the same threaded hole? The E joe came with quick connect cords that thread into the brake lever. I would only want to order these if that is a "standard" size. I don't really want to cut and splice on them. The cables that came with the bike are great looking and I don't want to hack them up. Any idea?

2. Please support your local electric bike shop! These guys work hard offering test rides, sharing expertise and performing support.
    EBR strives to be impartial, we don't sell bikes ourselves and keep ads limited and relevant. Donations are greatly appreciated.