Citizen FRISCO 20" Folding E-Bike

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Myrith, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Myrith

Myrith New Member

Has anyone looked into the Citizen FRISCO?
    http://www.citizenbike.com/catalog.asp?product_category_id=1&product_id=60

It looks appealing because it's only $1099 with free shipping, but I have no idea how it compares with other folding or budget e-bikes.
    It seems like the main downside might be its smaller battery capacity. (Samsung 36 V 8.8 AH)

I also have additional info from contacting the company:
    • A rear rack for the FRISCO will be available on the site soon.
    • The battery is designed to have an regular capacity reduction to about 70% after 2 years and 600 charge cycles.
    • Replacement batteries are $349.
    Also, apparently its max speed is limited to 15mph out-of-the-box, but can be changed to 20mph through some settings.

2. Please support your local electric bike shop! These guys work hard offering test rides, sharing expertise and performing support.
    EBR strives to be impartial, we don't sell bikes ourselves and keep ads limited and relevant. Donations are greatly appreciated.

3. SuperGoop

SuperGoop Active Member

Have you considered this instead: http://www.voltbike.ca/voltbike-urban/voltbike-urban-black.html

This is an updated version, but Court has reviewed the previous model. It includes a rack, full fenders, suspension fork, bigger 350W motor, 20 mph, 45 lbs, and a bigger 36v 10Ah battery... for US$1,049 + $69 shipping. I bought the Yukon 750 from Voltbike.ca last year, and they seem to be a good company.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    iBikeDiane and Ann M. like this.
  4. Myrith

Myrith New Member

Thanks for pointing out the VoltBike! I hadn't looked at that one before. It does look like a nice option for the same price.

5. subzero

subzero New Member

the citizen frisco is a nice looking ebike, I saw some reviews on YouTube

However, I do think the voltbike Urban has advantages. Namely these:

-more watts
    -higher battery Ah capacity
    -it comes with a helmet
    -it has integrated front lights and independent rear lights

the only downside is that the Urban is currently out of stock