City Commuter Top Speed

I'm considering a Pedego City Commuter for my daughter but would like to raise the top speed. It appears this was possible on older models but perhaps not on a left over 2018 model. Can anyone confirm if the top speed can be raised from 20 to 25 mph or higher?

ebikemom

Administrator
Staff member
From June/July this year, Pedego maximum speed is 20. Older bikes have a max speed of 24.9. All of the bikes have a controller top speed setting adjustment on the controller (see youtube videos!), and you can adjust the top speed (on my bike, up to 24.9.)

In my own experience, I generally don't exceed 20mph of assistance in either recreation or commuting (2500 miles on my bike and counting). Very rarely. I hope you and your daughter can ride some bikes to get a sense of the riding experience and if this works for you.

I'm not a dealer or Pedego-related business person, just a happy Pedego cyclist. We are a 4-Pedego ebiking family.

From June/July this year, Pedego maximum speed is 20. Older bikes have a max speed of 24.9. All of the bikes have a controller top speed setting adjustment on the controller (see youtube videos!), and you can adjust the top speed (on my bike, up to 24.9.)

In my own experience, I generally don't exceed 20mph of assistance in either recreation or commuting (2500 miles on my bike and counting). Very rarely. I hope you and your daughter can ride some bikes to get a sense of the riding experience and if this works for you.

I'm not a dealer or Pedego-related business person, just a happy Pedego cyclist. We are a 4-Pedego ebiking family.
Perfect. We do plan on test riding some in the coming weeks. Thank you for the info.

6zfshdb

I own three Pedego Platinum Interceptors. The two I bought in march of 2018 had the "old" controller. The one I got in July had a "new" one. After some option changes, the top speed on all three bikes is now around 25 mph.

A video on how to change the top speed is available here:

The only difference I found was the new controller was programmed at the factory for a 20 mph top speed where as the old one was set at 24.9 mph.

I'm not sure why Pedego publishes a 20 mph top speed for most of their bikes. Perhaps it is a legal consideration for class 2 e-bikes in some states??