Cop cycle...50mph

Timpo

50mph?

At this point, what's the point of making it a "bicycle?"

Sur Ron for example, (sold by Luna Cycle) has foot pegs, which makes a lot more sense. It does the same 50mph, and no need to add crank, pedals, derailleur, shifter, whatever it make it a bicycle.

I don't think it's worth the added weight and mechanical complexity. Sur Ron looks a lot cleaner.

AHicks

50mph among motorcyclists, even those on the smallest ones, is chump change. For the extra bulk here, as compared to a good Class 3 for instance, I'm not seeing the point.

2nd the vote as a bad plan.

Handlebars

Nah. That seat isn't good for all day. Grips, not going to be good. That thing is not built with comfort in mind, so it's not an all day everyday machine. Waste of time and money.

50mph?

At this point, what's the point of making it a "bicycle?"

Sur Ron for example, (sold by Luna Cycle) has foot pegs, which makes a lot more sense. It does the same 50mph, and no need to add crank, pedals, derailleur, shifter, whatever it make it a bicycle.

I don't think it's worth the added weight and mechanical complexity. Sur Ron looks a lot cleaner.
So they can burn off the donuts? ;)

I can see pedalling useful for slow patrol like at large events, but the power is there if they need it.

Marci jo

Strange looking bike.
I can't believe how wide it is with those back cargo carriers. They would need to be loaded in a balanced manner to keep the bike stable.

Timpo

So they can burn off the donuts? ;)

I can see pedalling useful for slow patrol like at large events, but the power is there if they need it.
I don't think so.
I can ride my motorcycle at slow speed no problem, same as cars.

at 50mph, I don't think human power is doing much.. there's no way that thing needs to be a bicycle.

Timpo

meanwhile in Russia

Handlebars

I don't think so.
I can ride my motorcycle at slow speed no problem, same as cars.

at 50mph, I don't think human power is doing much.. there's no way that thing needs to be a bicycle.
Indeed. Frills for the politics that actually lessen ability.
Same with exercise needs. Get exercise on your own time and be efficient at work. Save energy for when you need it.

Timpo

Indeed. Frills for the politics that actually lessen ability.
Same with exercise needs. Get exercise on your own time and be efficient at work. Save energy for when you need it.
Yeah, that thing is pointless.

There's no need for pedals and make it a "bicycle", that's basically putting a pedal on dirtbike. Which adds needless mechanical complexity and makes it look ugly.

The Sur-Ron does the same 50mph, without pedals and has much cleaner look.

I just don't understand why people even bother to put pedals on those high powered 45-60mph electric dirtbikes and call it a "bicycle"

as you can see Sur-Ron has much cleaner look without useless mechanical complexity.

Manu

In Europe if it weighs more than 45 kilograms or has a drive of more than 500w pedelec is not, it would be moped or motorcycle, the pedals no longer need them