Did it!

I can't thank Court and the other members of this group enough for helping us with a very difficult decision. I couldn't have done it without your help and still been sane at the end of the process. We ended up with a couple of the Cannondale Contra-e Speed bikes that have been on deep discount recently. From $4,499 to $2,799 in our case. We were able to purchase them locally from a reputable dealer, which was a huge plus. Woo hoo! See you out there.

Last edited:

Robie

Thanks Douglas for your post I know Court pointed out a sweet MTB bulls for me with Plus Tires oh by the way 70 is the new 30

Maybe more like the new 55. At 30 I was unstoppable. I remember running 10 miles the evening of my 30th birthday, just to celebrate. Currently I walk 3 miles a day, every day and when the weather permits I have a 20 mile loop, with hills, I do on my road bike. At 80 years of age my father purchased a new touring bike and flew to Amsterdam, from where he proceeded to tour most of Europe, peddaling from town to town and taking trains when necessary. He spent a whole year doing it. My mom would mail his $750 Socical Security check to his latest address. I remember he had a T-shirt that said "80 and going strong!" When he turned 90 I asked him what his T-shirt was going to say and he replied, "90 and Going". 90 seems to be the wall.

indianajo

Congratulations on a bright future! I know a couple in their mid nineties, bright, enjoying life. He swims laps 4 times a week, she quit a couple of years ago. I had to give up running due to Army knees, but the bike makes aerobic exercise low pain.
Did you see the article on bbcnews 3/8/18 about a club of road bikers in the UK has a lot of seventy year olds? Their T-cell (white blood cell) counts are the same as twenty year olds.
On my 8 mile grocery run today, I used the electricity to run two red lights across 5 lanes, while the cars were away. Also whiz through a 2 block construction zone where Miller Pipeline had dug a hole in place of the bike lane. Otherwise pedal and pant.

Congratulations on a bright future! I know a couple in their mid nineties, bright, enjoying life. He swims laps 4 times a week, she quit a couple of years ago. I had to give up running due to Army knees, but the bike makes aerobic exercise low pain.
Did you see the article on bbcnews 3/8/18 about a club of road bikers in the UK has a lot of seventy year olds? Their T-cell (white blood cell) counts are the same as twenty year olds.

My Aunt lived to be 107. She didn't ride a bike but she played bridge twice a week. I don't think she ever worked out a day in her life and even smoked for a bit.

christob

We ended up with a couple of the Cannondale Contra-e Speed bikes that have been on deep discount recently.
Great! Congratulations!
Now, don't forget to contribute to 2 other popular threads here at EBR Forums, that all new owners should post into -- the thread for "Pics of your bike" and the thread for "Pics of your ride/where you ride".