Domane+

Nova Haibike

Trek makes nice bikes, but is their reputation, service network and its Bosch system worth $2800 more than the 2019 iGo Carbon Road, which will use a Bafang M800 mid-drive and weigh (supposedly) under 29 lbs.?

Screenshot_2018-10-09-17-39-48~01.png

Captain Slow

Wow, I wasn't aware of that iGo, that sounds really nice. It's less than 29 lbs?????? Even if it's say 32 lbs. that is still light. I will have to check that one out. Maybe my next electric bike.

enleeten

I'm currently planning on buying a Domane+, but that iGo bike looks pretty awesome.

My only worry is service and parts. I assume iGo mainly sells direct? My LBS makes that stuff pretty easy through Trek.

0074oot

I'm currently planning on buying a Domane+, but that iGo bike looks pretty awesome.

My only worry is service and parts. I assume iGo mainly sells direct? My LBS makes that stuff pretty easy through Trek.
Hello,
I purchase the domane+ and I had to upgrade the rims and the tires.I used the bontrager XXX 4 and r3 tubless ready tire.I also, upgrade the handlebar to the bontrager carbon . I rode the bike for the first time last week Oct 2019 for 56 miles . I turn the power on at 18 miles and rode the bike in tour mode with 14 miles left . Great bike if want to do 35 to 50 miles rides which is great for me at the age of 57.

RLB2444

The decision factor for me would be service. I am not mechanically inclined, have no faith in my mechanical abilities so a good dealer is top priority. Hard to beet a Trek dealer. Those I have used are well trained and understand the importance of customers and customer service.

There's not much coverage on the net about the Domane + that I could find. At around $6000 it is similar in price to the Trek Allant or Specialized Vado 5.

Trek makes nice bikes, but is their reputation, service network and its Bosch system worth $2800 more than the 2019 iGo Carbon Road, which will use a Bafang M800 mid-drive and weigh (supposedly) under 29 lbs.?

View attachment 26602