Ducati Announces e-MTB

DDBB

Beautiful bike! I can't seem to find any pricing info on it though, probably a good thing as I'm sure it's going to be way out of my price range

bob armani

Great to see so many well known motorcycle companies getting onto the E-bike wagon. Love the look and design of this one as well as others offered by these mfgs. Looks like pricing may be way up there along with the Orange Alpine(UK) and the Pivot Shuttle E-bikes. Wouldn't be surprised.

Timpo

Great to see so many well known motorcycle companies getting onto the E-bike wagon. Love the look and design of this one as well as others offered by these mfgs. Looks like pricing may be way up there along with the Orange Alpine(UK) and the Pivot Shuttle E-bikes. Wouldn't be surprised.
yeah that's what I was thinking!
Yamaha, Suzuki, KTM, BMW, Piaggio, and now Ducati!

Honda used to make ebike but not anymore :(

bob armani

yeah that's what I was thinking!
Yamaha, Suzuki, KTM, BMW, Piaggio, and now Ducati!

Honda used to make ebike but not anymore :(
Oh wow, I did not see the Honda version. Does not seem like a lot of these are making it over to the USA. Bummer. Okay, who's next...

Timpo

Oh wow, I did not see the Honda version. Does not seem like a lot of these are making it over to the USA. Bummer. Okay, who's next...
Honda was building ebikes decades ago but not anymore...
They were popular in Japan and Asian countries, and I heard they sold some to Europe but never been available in USA/Canada due to zero market demand for ebikes.

Here are some examples:

1995 Honda Racoon Compo

1997 Honda Racoon 26LX

1996 Honda Racoon CX

bob armani

Honda was building ebikes decades ago but not anymore...
They were popular in Japan and Asian countries, and I heard they sold some to Europe but never been available in USA/Canada due to zero market demand for ebikes.

Here are some examples:

1995 Honda Racoon Compo

1997 Honda Racoon 26LX

1996 Honda Racoon CX
Very cool with interesting designs. Thanks for posting.

Timpo

I ride a Ducati Multistrada (in addition to my Haibike Urban Plus). It is 'point and shoot', very balanced and agile. Ducati knows suspension! If they bring this to ebikes, it would be worth a look.
From the picture, looks like Ducati will just slap Rockshox or something and call it a day.

I would say at least give a single sided swingarm!
The Ducati Panigale V4R though...!!! :eek:

JRA

I’ll wait for the Multestrada road version.

The Ducati branding on the Thok MG, which has been an available as a high end option for a few years, just reinforces the marketing appeal of eBikes.

And don’t forget Bultaco who actually has developed an eBike from the ground up

EBE9E26A-57CC-4A1B-A58D-12AC55123A0D.jpeg

Timpo

I’ll wait for the Multestrada road version.

The Ducati branding on the Thok MG, which has been an available as a high end option for a few years, just reinforces the marketing appeal of eBikes.

And don’t forget Bultaco who actually has developed an eBike from the ground up

View attachment 27285
You do realize that concept of Multistrada was to put 4 different types of motorcycle in 1 right?

With a touch of button, the motorcycle will transform into 4 different bikes. That was the idea.
Supersport, Off Road, City Scooter and Long Distance Cruiser.

So with a touch of button, the ebike will need to transform into 4 different bikes.
Roadbike, MTB, City Bike and Cruiser

Basically, Ducati will need to focus on giving the Multistrada characteristics of all of these 4 bicycles.

JRA

Yes, I am aware of the Multistrada concept. My reference to “road” version was in regards to a drop bar type bike that meets the criteria for the multiple transformations described.

The reason I know this is possible is because although I have both flat and drop bar eBikes the drop bar bike is the most versatile of the two and the one I grab for every day use which in my case can encompass everything from single track to store runs.

That is not saying that drop bar type bikes are the best for all with interest in eBikes but as more and more long time cyclists transition to eBikes they will be looking into options in that category. The rising popularity of that genre being marketed by manufacturers currently supports this I feel.

Having owned Ducati motorcycles I think I'll pass........can you say high maintenance? They do look good parked in front of a Starbucks. The only worse motorcycle I owned was a Moto Guzzi, they'll be next with an ebike, it will look like a tractor.

Last edited: