Electronic Shifting Options--any advice, experience?

GuruUno

OK, bit I see it being closer to $3,000 with all required parts, correct me if I am wrong.
---------------
Necessary parts:
Anyone in NJ/NJ done this to try before I buy?

Or do I fly to California to Cycle Monkey first?
---------------
Read the info, left CycleMonkey an e-mail, no response.
IF one were to consider this modification, is that company the only option, being on the West Coast, etc., etc., etc.?

GuruUno

So, Charlie from Cycle Monkey answered my inquiry as to the anticipated cost for this on my Super Commuter. He states around $3,000.
Hey Charlie, is there anyplace here on the East Coast that has this system installed for me to try it out before I even consider plunking down $3k +/-???
I'm all for the excitement, pleasure, all the positive aspects but again, Judge Judy would tell me, "Did you ask all the questions first? Did you ask to see a completed conversion? Did you have the opportunity to test it before your did it?"
So, I'm asking.
Anyone see this, do this, opinions?

DDBB

My wife's Gazelle has an 8 speed nexus IGH and I have to say I'm quite jealous as she breezes through gear changes while I concentrate on derailleur shifting constantly. The need to relax pedal pressure for shifts under load is still there though, that's the only thing she struggles with. I wince every time I hear a mashed gear change from her bike but fortunately that's not very often