Giant Explorer +1

Finally did the deed and bought the bike. I'm in total love. This decision will extend my bike life into my '80's. It is pure joy. I did note on the forum some asked why there are two sprockets on crank. After a couple hundred Kms, I have found little use for the smaller crank sprocket. Range of shifting seems more than adequate off the large front sprocket using rear gears. Perhaps in extreme trail use there might be an application, but so far it seem redundant. All in all love the bike. Looked at Treks and Specialized before purchase, but the Giant seems value laden compared to.

Finally did the deed and bought the bike. I'm in total love. This decision will extend my bike life into my '80's. It is pure joy. I did note on the forum some asked why there are two sprockets on crank. After a couple hundred Kms, I have found little use for the smaller crank sprocket. Range of shifting seems more than adequate off the large front sprocket using rear gears. Perhaps in extreme trail use there might be an application, but so far it seem redundant. All in all love the bike. Looked at Treks and Specialized before purchase, but the Giant seems value laden compared to.
Isn't it great ? I've had mine for a month or so - only put about 160 km on it so far but I have to say I agree the smaller front crank seems a little superfluous when getting EV assist. Perhaps if trying to go further distances with less battery use or on steep trails ?

I just added a suspension seat post and what a difference (the roads I commute on are in pretty shape from spring frost heave).

My only complaint is that I need to repressurize the front shocks every couple of days - not sure if this is normal or not but its a minor inconvenience.