Giant Fathom E+ 2 Pro (2019) e-MTB

funkz

I don't see any threads here relating to this bike, so here is one! Seems like it's not that available internationally (outside Australia)? Maybe it's called something else.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/fathom-eplus-2-pro--25km-h-

I'm weighing up buying one of these versus a Giant Quick E+ (2019) for daily commuting. Here in Australia it's roughly $3200 (Quick E+) vs $3900 (Fathom E+ 2 Pro). Reason for the Fathom 'Pro' over the non-Pro is upgraded shocks and components, plus a slick black colour.

I took one for a spin and it's very smooth to ride and the motor has a fast response. Was fun. I often go over gutters and speedhumps on my commute, hence why I'm considering this over the Quick E+, but it's hard to say no to the Quick E+! If I buy one, I'm planning on adding mudguards and switching the tyres to G-One's as per the Quick E+, and I'll post photos and status updates here. I'm concerned by the limited on-road speed due to the 36T crank cog.

Does anyone ride one of these? Any comments about them?

PDoz

Don't be concerned re the 36 t front - I'm running that size on my full e pro with 11-40 rear, it's a good match for everything from walking pace uphill to around 50 k downhill. Besides, it's reasonably easy to fit a larger front if you prefer.

Good time to be buying, with the giant oz sale just starting - presumably next years models are about to arrive?

Here in Canada our max assisted speed is 20mph wich is 32 km/h. The names are a bit different but 1 of these Giant has narrow rims and tires and very affordable wich is fine for streets. The other is wide rims and tires wich i prefer for trails where traction is more important and the transmission and suspension are more expensive. I like 10 S for chain longevity so these are 2 good bikes but suited for different use in my opinion. Obviously the similar bikes are limited differently depending on laws where they are sold. Personaly i would get a 34 T.

I'm also considering a Fathom E+ 2 pro as a commuter in Australia. I was looking at the quick E in XL frame size but it's sold out in Victoria.

I'm interested if you went ahead with the purchase and any modifications you made.