Hello

PatriciaK

Greetings all,

I'm new to ebikes, and looking for my first. The forums here have been a great help, and I thank those who have shared their experience!

Considering my riding style (fair weather, recreational, mostly paved surfaces, some hard-pack dirt and gravel), senior status (need stability, not speed) , normal riding terrain (mostly rolling hills) and price point ($2000 or less) my research has gotten me narrowed down to the Giant Lafree E+2.

Looking forward to input regarding experience with this particular bike (I'll also post in the Giant forum), or others that might work. I do want a mid-drive and step-through, and don't want the battery taking up that space.

I'm happily anticipating getting back on a bike, after years of not riding much because of knee and asthma issues!

CSH

Greetings all,

I'm new to ebikes, and looking for my first. The forums here have been a great help, and I thank those who have shared their experience!

Considering my riding style (fair weather, recreational, mostly paved surfaces, some hard-pack dirt and gravel), senior status (need stability, not speed) , normal riding terrain (mostly rolling hills) and price point ($2000 or less) my research has gotten me narrowed down to the Giant Lafree E+2.

Looking forward to input regarding experience with this particular bike (I'll also post in the Giant forum), or others that might work. I do want a mid-drive and step-through, and don't want the battery taking up that space.

I'm happily anticipating getting back on a bike, after years of not riding much because of knee and asthma issues!

Hello,
If you like the LaFree E+2, I would seriously encourage you to see what the down and dirty price of the LaFree E+1 would be from your Giant Dealer.
I first test rode the +2 and liked it very much, But the Carbon Belt & Nexus Gears on the +1 are so great, I ended up buying Two of them.
No dropped chins, No grease, Confident shifting, Head Light, & Tail Light.

Craig :cool: