How many miles do you have on your ebike?

christob

I've got 7 days to try and accumulate 314 miles; to achieve that requires a seriously higher-than-normal daily average for me, so it isn't likely to happen in 7 days -- maybe in the next 12-14 days...
(Unfortunately, I got sick at Mother's Day and that resulted in missing 14 consecutive days of potential biking! Without that lapse, I'd easily have hit this {arbitrary} milestone...!)

But if I could hit that mark by June 6, that would mean 5,000 total miles on the current bike right on the 1-year anniversary of delivery of that bike.
My first bike, same exact model, saw 3 months / 852 miles of riding, but then it died abruptly and they sent a new replacement (current bike.)
So between the two bikes, I'm at 5,528 miles today, since March 2, 2018.

bikerjohn

Having a blast on my ebike! It has been a fast 34 work commutes so far this year. Rides on the CCX ebike have averaged 19.26 mph, making windchill a significant factor. I am wearing a windbreaker even in 60-70 degree temperatures.

1559346569723.png

Reseg

Stromer ST2
15,814 miles as of today. All commuting and carrying a load (clothes, tools, gear).

I bought it the end of 2015. Here are the stats by year, starting with 2016. My commute has gotten shorter and I work from home more. Anyone who isn't into nerdy data, sorry, please ignore haha.

2016:
8,211.5 miles (19.6 mi per commute)
298,114' climbing (36.3' per mile)
209 commuting days
22.1 ave mph

2017:
5,386.2 miles (20.3 mi per commute)
181,906' climbing (33.8' per mile)
132 commuting days
22.5 ave mph

2018:
1,047.5 miles (14.8 mi per commute)
55,302' climbing (52.8' per mile)
35 commuting days
22.2 ave mph

2019 so far:
855.6 miles (8.3 mi per commute)
38,862' climbing (45.4' per mile)
51 commuting days
23.5 ave mph

Attachments

Cowlitz

The other day, the number 1066 showed on my odometer. This slowed me down because I had to remember (It came fairly quickly) what that number represented. I was pondering history and lagged behind my friend. History can take a toll on speed.

Are there any dates I should remember between 1066 and 1492?

David Berry

Cowlitz …
You have a brilliant way of setting distance goals; far more interesting than ticking off hundreds and thousands!

1453 : Fall of Constantinople and end of Byzantine Empire; end of Middle Ages (notionally between fall of Western Roman Empire and fall of Eastern Roman Empire). Arguably more significant than the adventures of William and Christopher combined.
… David

Last edited:

Cowlitz

Thank you. I better do some "reading up" on that. That date was not drubbed in our heads back in school, but neither was 1066 so there is hope.

mrgold35

Still going strong with my two 2016 Radrovers I switch off for work commuting 4X-5X per week all year. I have a little over 3500 miles per ebike for +7000 miles total in 2 1/2 years of ownership. My return on my $3000 investment for two ebikes has saved me around 20,000 miles I've would have put on my car along with gas savings at 17-19 mpg avg, less maintenance, tires lasting longer, and having to take my lunch everyday. Health benefits are worth more than that.

christob

My return on my $3000 investment for two ebikes has saved me around 20,000 miles I've would have put on my car along with gas savings at 17-19 mpg avg, less maintenance, tires lasting longer, and having to take my lunch everyday. Health benefits are worth more than that.
Nice!
I have in my master ride-tracking spreadsheet, a formula to count office commute rides and display the cumulative gallons of gasoline saved by not driving my car to work.
I have a pretty short commute at 10mi direct round trip. But worse for calculating "savings" -- I already drive a Prius, so the formula reflects an average mpg of 43 -- it will take me far longer to save up significant "gas cash" return on investment! My 162 bike commutes to date (~1,700 miles) have saved me "only" about 39 gallons, or about $100 at today's prices!
IF I were to include ALL my biked miles as essentially eliminating car miles -- (I don't think of my leisure bike rides like this, however) -- then that would equate to about 114 gallons -- sigh; still only $300.

ALMOST makes me wish I still drove my zippy, guzzling V6 Accord from 17 years ago, just so the MPG "savings calculation" would feel bigger ;)

DDBB

I see it has "powerful tektro hydraulic disc brakes"... Can you save money on this bike by getting weak tektro hydraulic disc brakes? :)

steve mercier

The other day, the number 1066 showed on my odometer. This slowed me down because I had to remember (It came fairly quickly) what that number represented. I was pondering history and lagged behind my friend. History can take a toll on speed.

Who could forget the Black plague , Genghis Khan, Henry the VIII , ahh those were the good old days.

bikerjohn

Hey Bikerjohn am I right to think you are satisfied overall with your bike choice so far?
Oh yeah! As far as ebikes go, the CCX is fabulous.

If I could I wish for something different, it would be to have a battery as powerful as the one on the CCX put in a lighter more compact pack, but the technology isn't it to that level yet.

c