How to make Vado feel more like a Como?

flashracer

Was wondering if I could make a medium Vado feel more like a medium Como. Have to have a more comfortable saddle. What stem would be recommended. I would like it to be more upright. Any feedback is appreciated.

Marci jo

Flashracer,

Of course you could simply try a different saddle. Many on the market.

After that, a couple other options for you:

- Different stem. I switched out the stems on my bikes, even the Vado. Been using a SATORI TURN UP on all of them. It has two locations for adjustments so I can bring the handlebars both back and upwards. It's available on Ebay but not sure about Amazon. Whatever stem you choose be sure to check the diameters to it's compatible with your bike.

- Different handlebars. Many on the market that have various shapes to fit your needs. My lbs didn't have a lot of variety but I found Modern Bike and they have a wide selection. They also sell the shims in case the diameters aren't quite the same. My challenge was to make sure the new handlebars had enough room for all the "stuff" that needs to be mounted on them.

The trick with both the above options is to make sure the cables have enough slack. I ended up have a longer hydraulic brake line switched out on the front brake.

One of the differences between the Como and Vado is the frame geometry. If you compare the two frames you'll see that the Como has what's referred to as "crank forward". The frame is designed to have the crank and pedals to be farther forward from the vertical line of the seat. The crank forward design helps the rider to be able to touch the ground at stops. Not much to be done to reshape the frame. Maybe slide the seat a little?

OK, lots of info. Hope it helps.

Rick53

Was wondering if I could make a medium Vado feel more like a medium Como. Have to have a more comfortable saddle. What stem would be recommended. I would like it to be more upright. Any feedback is appreciated.
Go to this Video at around the 30 minute mark : The Upgrades are a Riser Stem on the steering Tube and a Seat Post suspension :
However the Vado is geared more as Fitness : I have been looking at Como's . In a Vado I need the Large Frame In the Como X-large

flashracer

Go to this Video at around the 30 minute mark : The Upgrades are a Riser Stem on the steering Tube and a Seat Post suspension :
However the Vado is geared more as Fitness : I have been looking at Como's . In a Vado I need the Large Frame In the Como X-large
Thanks, my wife says she riding for fitness. I am riding for fun. So comfort is important to me. I am 5’8” and considering step thru or not Medium Vado or Large Como