I-rack for Sduro Trekking

JayVee

Bummer. It would probably have cost you a fortune to import that adapter plate anyway. For 4 hooks and 2 straps it cost me 42 Euros to order from Germany including shipping. The shipping accounts for half the price! If you have some wood craftsmanship, it will probably save you some money. I'm curious to see what you'll come up with.

piper109

I have ordered a Kolo trunk bag from Ebay USA which has good reviews and is fairly cheap, to experiment with.
Importing stuff into CH is always tricky as the Swiss post office always want you to pay duty. Where in la Suisse Romande are you? I lived 8 years in Lausanne, Penthaz, Vallorbe and my son recently moved away from Cossonay and Montreux.

JayVee

Small world. :) I currently live in Lausanne, which is why I bought an e-bike. Plenty of hills... The shipping charges were due to the fact that the online store insisted on shipping via DHL within their country (Germany), but DHL then handed the order over to the Swiss Postal services once it got over the border! Anyway, I got the hooks and I'm happy despite the somewhat 'steep price'. I'm used to that though. As you know everything in Switzerland is 'cheap'. :D

Anyway, I hope you find a solution for that plate. It's silly to not be able to find a solution to such a mundane problem.

piper109

I remember well the hills around Lausanne and yes, the prices too :) I bought a nice Peugeot bike in Thonon les Bains and saved myself at least 40% over the price in Lausanne and even took a VD plaque de velo with me for the boat back from Evian. I used to like to ride from La place de Milan to Lutry and then up the corniche to Chexbres. I would baulk at the Petit Chene however although with the HaiBike it must be nicely doable. I once saw Eddy Merckx ride the famous Ouchy to Sauvabelin event one year and that took him up the Petit Chene.
The e-bike will make life very pleasant in that area and I hope you can take delivery soon.

Maggie

I have the same Xduro Trekking S Rx. It's a bit of annoyance as my Ortleibs don't work but I found some good Axiom panniers that work well.
I thought of purchasing I-rack smart bag but in the end decided to go with panniers.
which model of axiom panniers work?

Maggie

I have a Haibike sduro rc and the plug from the battery to yamaha motor broke, how do I get this fixed?

Maggie

Does anyone know about replacing the plug from Battery to Yamaha motor on a Haibike sduro trekking rc bike

Maggie

You guys are wonderful, it actually is the charging plug that broke in half where it plugs into battery, not sure where I can
get the part, will call the dealer I bought it from in Santa Barbara, may have to buy the whole battery charger unit.

piper109

There is a knurled ring on the charger cable plug. To remove the plug after charging , it is necessary to pull the ring lightly towards you, against a small spring, per the instructions. I would bet money you did not do that and pulled a bit harder :)
In a way I'm glad you did not have to deal with the cable going from the battery to the motor. It would have required you to remove the lower protection, loosen the three torqued socket head cap screws that hold the motor, remove two and swing the motor down to give you access to the plug connection that is the motor end of the cable from the main battery connection point. A lot more work and quite fiddly.

JayVee

Just to follow up on the rack+Orlieb discussion, the optional 20 mm Orlieb hooks I ordered in Germany definitely allow Ortlieb panniers to be fitted on this bike's rack.

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

piper109

Those pannier attachments are very neat and quick and convenient. I bet you are glad you found them :) I have some Dutch "Cordo" panniers that my wife and I bought a few years ago in NL and they match the carrier but have "painfully awkward" velcro straps to hold them on. I might try to find some like yours to use instead or somehow copy the design.

I found out that the sidestand that I have is Ursus Mooi 90, Made in Italy and after further sleuthing I managed to find that yours is Pletscher Comp ARA "selbsteinklappend". All I have to do now is find out where I can buy one LOL. Quite a challenge it seems.

JayVee

The Kickstand I have is a Pletscher indeed. This is it with the 'auto-retract' springs removed.

IMG_0804.JPG

piper109

Thanks again JayVee. I might be able to emulate with the Ursus Mooi what Pletscher has done with theirs. I will have to judiciously choose a spring from the nearest Lowes LOL. In any case it will be easier than trying to buy something from Germany. There seems to be an obstacle for that everywhere I try. I doubt if Frau Merkel will get anything like that easier with Trump being what he is (comments are highly restrained) LOL

Ravi Kempaiah

Thanks again JayVee. I might be able to emulate with the Ursus Mooi what Pletscher has done with theirs. I will have to judiciously choose a spring from the nearest Lowes LOL. In any case it will be easier than trying to buy something from Germany. There seems to be an obstacle for that everywhere I try. I doubt if Frau Merkel will get anything like that easier with Trump being what he is (comments are highly restrained) LOL
A: Do you want to have a hand shake?

T: Rolls eyes

A: I will never ship a kickstand to @piper109

We have few of these kickstands. Actually just got a batch of 15 from Germany (Thanks, A!) :)

piper109

Interesting !! Thanks Ravi. Actually I would like to buy one, perhaps even two as I very recently bought 2 Sduro Trekking SL's from a well known company in Madison, one for me and one for the missus. How would you suggest I proceed ?

Ravi Kempaiah

Interesting !! Thanks Ravi. Actually I would like to buy one, perhaps even two as I very recently bought 2 Sduro Trekking SL's from a well known company in Madison, one for me and one for the missus. How would you suggest I proceed ?
If I am not mistaken, the Trekking SL does come with the kickstand.
You mean, you need a auto retracting one?