iGo Quindici E-Comodo 2019 (Montreal, Canada - Quilicot store)

Stefx73

Hi
I just bought an iGo Quindici E-Comodo 2019 from Quilicot in Montreal. Anybody else here have one?
The sales person explained that it was an exclusive model to them from iGo.
Pretty good specs at a great price ($1699CAD = $1277USD)
  • Bafang rear motor 500watts
  • 36V 14AH battery
  • Front suspension (albeit not adjustable)
  • Shimano Altus (probably going to be my first thing to upgrade)
  • Rear rack.
  • The front/rear lights turn on/off with the bike and run from the bike’s battery (Something that the gentleman on EBR often points out when there are separate switches/batteries)
  • Mechanical Tektro disk brakes 160mm
  • Throttle and PAS (10 levels)
  • Max speed assist 32km/h (20mph) which is a law in Quebec province (max 500w and 32km/h to avoid going under the motor vehicle laws)
  • Battery is locked in the frame
  • 26inchx2.1inch tires - perfect for the Montreal bad roads
  • Urban European style (step-through, fenders for splash protection, high seating position, swept back handlebar, etc)
  • Nice little professional touches that I apprecaite: Rear derailleur guard, chain guard, the kickstand is at the far back to avoid interfering with the pedal. The front cables are bundled together with a cord organizer37176
I’m probably going to upgrade the tires to Schwalbe Marathon plus for puncture protection/resistance.

Great bike, no complaints so far. This is a superb upgrade when compared to using Uber Jump bikes.
It has a pedaling cadence sensor. From a dead stop I normally press the throttle to get going while I pedal up and then I let go of the throttle.
I didn’t feel much frame twist so far. That one small additional welded bar near the crank probably helps a lot on the stiffness.

I was glad to find a 500W rear motor for this price.

BikeJack

Hi Stefx,

Good info, thanks!

I'm curious about the front chain ring. Does it have any kind of guide to avoid it coming off? No problems going over bumps?

Thanks for any info!

Stefx73

Hi Stefx,

Good info, thanks!

I'm curious about the front chain ring. Does it have any kind of guide to avoid it coming off? No problems going over bumps?

Thanks for any info!
Hi
It’s a single speed 42 teeth chainring
I didn’t have issues the first two weeks and now the chain occasionally comes of the rear cassette (on the smallest cog - I’ll get the rear rerailleur adjusted to prevent that.
Also, it has begun to frequently come off the chainring, very annoying. I’ll see what the store can do to prevent that.
I’m considering to upgrade the cassette/chain/derailleur to Alivio or SLX.

BikeJack

Also, it has begun to frequently come off the chainring, very annoying.
I have a similar issue with my iGo. If you or the shop find a good solution, I hope you'll mention it here.

It would be good if iGo could tell us how to fix this. I wrote to them, but haven't heard back yet. If I do, I'll share it here.

Stefx73

I have a similar issue with my iGo. If you or the shop find a good solution, I hope you'll mention it here.

It would be good if iGo could tell us how to fix this. I wrote to them, but haven't heard back yet. If I do, I'll share it here.
I see it as a Shimano issue, not iGo.

My road bike has higher quality components, and I can tell that this Altus rear derailleur doesn’t put a lot of tension in the chain, it’s kind of weak.

I was apprehensive to buy a bicycle with low-end components (Altus, Tourney, etc) but in the e-bike world, a 2000$ is basically an approx $400 bicycle if you remove the battery and motor. This bike has the key fundamentals I wanted (500W motor, high capacity battery, throttle+PAS, etc) so I was prepared to get it and invest a bit to improve the components later on.

Stefx73

I had the rear derailleur upgraded to an Acera one, seems good now. The chain stayed on for the past few rides.