Impressions of the C Class

KurtW

Hello,

I have begun researching electric bikes with the goal of purchasing a bike this spring for fun and exercise. My commute involves a long mountain climb and crossing a busy highway so I will not be commuting with it. Biking the countryside and trips to the store are what I am looking for.

The C Class is on my short list of potential bikes. I'd like to hear from other forum members on their experience with the bike. What is it like to ride with the solid bamboo platform blocking the tire?

Any comments would be appreciated.

ispeak3

My girlfriend has the bike, and she does enjoy it. She's just using it for casual rides at the moment because she's still getting comfortable riding in the city, but we have taken it to a park where she can ride more freely. Seems to handle hills pretty well, fairly waterproof and the battery seems to have a good range.

She really enjoys the bamboo tray in front and has used it for coffee and carrying other stuff with the included bungee cords. One thing that I didn't expect/realize is that the bars for the rear rack are thicker than most I've come across. So most standard panniers don't fit. There are a couple ways around this, I've attached a couple carabiner clips to it and now any pannier will work just fine.

The one negative thing I will say is not about the bike, but about Ariel Rider support. I haven't had the best experience with support and sometimes my emails have gone unanswered. We waited months to get the bike because it was on backorder, and the backorder date shifted at least 3 times without much of an explanation. Once we finally received the bike I was able to put it together (with no given instructions), except the battery lock wasn't attached and there was no obvious way to attach it. I figured out my own way to do it, but no average person should have to do that. Lastly, one of the fender bars was put together backwards. After getting in touch with support, they said that they'd send out a new one right away. This was back in November and we still don't have a replacement fender bar.

So while I do think the bike is nice and very capable, the support from the company is lacking.

Hope that helps you!

My girlfriend has the bike, and she does enjoy it. She's just using it for casual rides at the moment because she's still getting comfortable riding in the city, but we have taken it to a park where she can ride more freely. Seems to handle hills pretty well, fairly waterproof and the battery seems to have a good range.

She really enjoys the bamboo tray in front and has used it for coffee and carrying other stuff with the included bungee cords. One thing that I didn't expect/realize is that the bars for the rear rack are thicker than most I've come across. So most standard panniers don't fit. There are a couple ways around this, I've attached a couple carabiner clips to it and now any pannier will work just fine.

The one negative thing I will say is not about the bike, but about Ariel Rider support. I haven't had the best experience with support and sometimes my emails have gone unanswered. We waited months to get the bike because it was on backorder, and the backorder date shifted at least 3 times without much of an explanation. Once we finally received the bike I was able to put it together (with no given instructions), except the battery lock wasn't attached and there was no obvious way to attach it. I figured out my own way to do it, but no average person should have to do that. Lastly, one of the fender bars was put together backwards. After getting in touch with support, they said that they'd send out a new one right away. This was back in November and we still don't have a replacement fender bar.

So while I do think the bike is nice and very capable, the support from the company is lacking.

Hope that helps you!
This rings true. There was another thread on this forum that was initiated last year where very similar issues with the lack of customer support were brought up and discussed. At the time I was just about to pull the trigger on the purchase of one of their M Class bikes. That previous thread caused me to pull back from making the investment. This input from this thread seems to confirm that customer care after the sale is still close to nonexistent at the company.

Nora Anderson

Hi
This rings true. There was another thread on this forum that was initiated last year where very similar issues with the lack of customer support were brought up and discussed. At the time I was just about to pull the trigger on the purchase of one of their M Class bikes. That previous thread caused me to pull back from making the investment. This input from this thread seems to confirm that customer care after the sale is still close to nonexistent at the company.
Hi Merv,

This is Nora from Ariel Rider Ebikes. It is true that we've had a few delays in C-Class orders and customer support due to relocating our warehouse etc.,
These issues are all addressed and we've expanded our customer service team in order to provide the best support possible.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
Nora