Known Issues & Problems with M1 Sporttechnik Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

Administrator
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from M1 Sporttechnik as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Hi all! Received my Spitzing M1 yesterday and I am expericing some problems.
On the commercial it says the Spitzing M1 can do 0-50 in 7.5 seconds. The trouble is I am having trouble reaching even 35 km/h without working REALLY hard (yes, even on the highest setting). While I am not the fittest boy in the classroom, I am not that weak either. I used to have a Stromer St2 and reaching 35-40 km/h was not really a problem.
It is almost like the bike is "breaking" instead of really pushing forward.
Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong? Can I change some settings etc? Am I maybe using the gears in the wrong way?
Big thank you for any suggestions

Ann M.

Administrator
I'd contact the company right away and ask for help with diagnostics & settings if the bike is not performing the way you expected.
The issue sounds like it might involve a sensitivity setting for the torque sensor. Have you tried sitting on the bike with it turned off, not pressing on the pedals at all, then power up the bike. Wait a moment to let the console settle into normal display. Some torque sensors have a bottom bracket component that resets each time the bike is turned on and requires the no pressure on the pedals to calibrate correctly.

Your owner's manual or online documents may have some information about this.

Electric Bike Shops Near You