Known Issues & Problems with Magnum Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

dodahman

battery charger not working on metro plus with about 100 miles on it. The green light goes off after about a second, a brief red light, no light, green light on for sec.etc. keeps cycling that way. The led's on the battery come on when the charger green light is on and then cutoff, and I have tried cleaning plug, and I rode some more to change the battery voltage. If I turn on the battery before inserting the charger, the Led's stay on as the charger cycles. Battery is about 47 volts now, with one LED not lit when turned on. Any one else seen this? I am loving the bike and bummed about this. I have contacted dealer....

Bobsiii

battery charger not working on metro plus with about 100 miles on it. The green light goes off after about a second, a brief red light, no light, green light on for sec.etc. keeps cycling that way. The led's on the battery come on when the charger green light is on and then cutoff, and I have tried cleaning plug, and I rode some more to change the battery voltage. If I turn on the battery before inserting the charger, the Led's stay on as the charger cycles. Battery is about 47 volts now, with one LED not lit when turned on. Any one else seen this? I am loving the bike and bummed about this. I have contacted dealer....
Haven't seen that one but my dealer gave me a 36v charger for my 48v Metro. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fully charge. Might double check your charger, I never thought about it.

dodahman

Haven't seen that one but my dealer gave me a 36v charger for my 48v Metro. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fully charge. Might double check your charger, I never thought about it.
thanks. yes. it has charged the battery fine a few times, so I think it was OK. I have asked the dlr to mail me one, as I don't live near a lbs that thinks ebikes are OK.
Just an update, my dlr sent one promptly and it is working fine. Still under warranty. I have started looking for a backup, and there are plenty of options.

Last edited: