Known Issues & Problems with Raleigh Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Raleigh as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

sujabi

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Raleigh as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.
I had no replies to my post about a Raleigh e-bike Velo Trail. I have had three unhelpful replies from Raleigh Bikes from Messrs Rozee. Revill, and McKeown, and the two agents in Jersey say it is not worth trying to find where the electrical fault lies. My bike is a useless heap of metal and nowhere to go. So much for Raleigh.

Ann M.

@sujabi, I suggest that you call Raleigh/IZip rather than email them with technical issues. Don't know who your 'Jersey' folks are but that is ridiculous. Have you taken your ebike back to the dealer for help?

Ann M.

Moved this post by @FredBam to the appropriate Raleigh threads:

My LBS just emailed me the following "Raleigh Electric would like to notify dealers about a recent decision to implement a rework that upgrades all units of 2016 IZIP Protour and Raleigh Sprint IE with a new M25 motor & controller. The factory redesigned M25 motor & controller improves performance & durability of the flagship TranzX M25 system. Note that this is not a safety concern, but rather a quality improvement that Raleigh Electric is providing to dealers that purchased bikes featuring the M25 system."
Was there a fundamental flaw with the M25 system?
An I reading this correctly that I will get a new motor and controller?

AndrewB

Hi everyone. I purchased (ordered) a 2019 Raleigh Lore DS IE back in March from a bike shop. It's Jun 24th and it's still not shipped. I called Raleigh and was told they had quality issues with the last shipment, so I'd be waiting longer. Summer will be over by the time I get the bike.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Should I consider cancelling my order and looking at an alternative manufacturer?

Andrew