Known Issues & Problems with Rattan Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

GrandPaw

From Rattan website.....Maximum speed: 25 MPH. I don’t see where it says throttle only will do 27 or 25 ? I can hit 25mph but need max PAS and have to pedal hard.
So Saunders has faster throttle....Do you have a feel for battery efficiency between the two bikes ?

GregC

The key on the bike seems useless unless you need to remove the battery from the bike. I am willing to bet the keys are all the same as well so anyone with a key can use it on any other bike (will test out tomorrow with my dad’s bike). This seems like a defect though as the battery clearly has three positions- unlock. Lock-off, locked-on. The key is Stuck there in the locked-on position as it would be in a car. i don’t think they bothered to wire up the switch though. I bought another bike with this same problem (switch was non functional except to unlock) and manufacturer said it was defective and return it. Anyone else get a spark when they close their bike on the battery? Figure that is why the battery needs to be turned off (and for security).

For those that changed to 20 on tire size- the tire size is actually 24. Manual says wheel size but my gps and the bike speedo matched up almost perfectly at 24” so maybe they mean the outer tire size and not wheel?

Seems we are sort of the guinea pigs on these bikes but they are a great value for the money and a ton of fun to ride.

barry1685

From Rattan website.....Maximum speed: 25 MPH. I don’t see where it says throttle only will do 27 or 25 ? I can hit 25mph but need max PAS and have to pedal hard.
So Saunders has faster throttle....Do you have a feel for battery efficiency between the two bikes ?
Battery efficiency is way better on the Fat Bear - I think the Throttle is tuned down for better battery performance. The Saunders bike died at 20 miles. I still had battery - the charge said 100% but we all know that's not the case. In fact, the battery charge readings are really annoying if your trying to gauge battery life.

The max speed of 25mph should be throttle only... To be fair, I can hit close to 40mph on a steep slope, so why isn't the max speed 40mph?? PAS shouldn't be a rating for max speed because that is additional human power and each person's strength is different. You need a constant to measure speed.