Known Issues & Problems with Stromer Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Rincon

Off the west coast of Africa would be 0° longitude, 0° latitude. Where the equator meets the prime meridian. Sounds like the unit is not receiving a GPS signal. I’d take it back to the dealer.

Kerdour

Has anyone spent much time with the OMNI-C? I just upgraded to it last week on my ST1x and have had nothing but problems. It was 6 days before I could reset my PIN (which is nice) but the GPS shows the bike off the coast of Africa (I'm in Denver, CO).
This is called the Null Island (have a look on Wikipedia). This is the 0°N 0°E point. Meaning that your OMNI is not receiving any GPS signal.

Zagdig

Was happily riding home yesterday on my ST2 when my motor literally stopped! Riding 15kms home with no power really made me realize how heavy these bikes, are I tell you! Omni is showing a "device error". Taking it into the shop today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The question I'm asking my self is whether the European made ST5s are better quality and less likely to suffer from these "lemon" like problems. If I knew for sure I'd trade up today!

Stromer2work

Was happily riding home yesterday on my ST2 when my motor literally stopped! Riding 15kms home with no power really made me realize how heavy these bikes, are I tell you! Omni is showing a "device error". Taking it into the shop today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The question I'm asking my self is whether the European made ST5s are better quality and less likely to suffer from these "lemon" like problems. If I knew for sure I'd trade up today!
Did you remove and reinstall the battery? This happened to me once and it made me realize I need to carry the keys while riding. Mine didn't stop while riding, however. It got me to work, then when i tried to ride home it needed removal. I rode home 11 miles without any power and reset it when it got home.

Zagdig

First thing I did. Rebooted and removed battery. Went home and put in my spare battery just in case. I'm worried that the motor is pooched. Its in the shop waiting to hear back from Stromer. Hopefully it won't take too long! I'm having withdrawals.

Stromer2work

First thing I did. Rebooted and removed battery. Went home and put in my spare battery just in case. I'm worried that the motor is pooched. Its in the shop waiting to hear back from Stromer. Hopefully it won't take too long! I'm having withdrawals.
oh boy. let us know.

john peck

100 mi review, calibike whl. & motor as replacement for damaged CCS bafang: The main difference one has higher torque vs. less rpm as
opposed to more rpm, less torque. I'm very satisfied with it now, but only after a few changes. Initially it performed well above 16 mph,
but was sluggish at low speeds. I'm fond of dawdling along at 12, but not of pedaling a 66 pd. bike without much help.
Solution: I already had a 50/34 chainring on the bike so I put it on the 34. Thus I was providing more torque with less effort which was also
picked up by the torque sensor. That's all it took. I can ride in eco on the 11 tooth 70% of the time. It's a slight trade off; I use a little
higher cadence, but it's not as much work. All in all, not bad for inexpensive plug & play wheel. Not quite as good on longer steep hills, but
only by about 10 yards,

Last edited: