Known Issues & Problems with Stromer Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Rincon

Off the west coast of Africa would be 0° longitude, 0° latitude. Where the equator meets the prime meridian. Sounds like the unit is not receiving a GPS signal. I’d take it back to the dealer.

Has anyone spent much time with the OMNI-C? I just upgraded to it last week on my ST1x and have had nothing but problems. It was 6 days before I could reset my PIN (which is nice) but the GPS shows the bike off the coast of Africa (I'm in Denver, CO).
This is called the Null Island (have a look on Wikipedia). This is the 0°N 0°E point. Meaning that your OMNI is not receiving any GPS signal.

Was happily riding home yesterday on my ST2 when my motor literally stopped! Riding 15kms home with no power really made me realize how heavy these bikes, are I tell you! Omni is showing a "device error". Taking it into the shop today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The question I'm asking my self is whether the European made ST5s are better quality and less likely to suffer from these "lemon" like problems. If I knew for sure I'd trade up today!

Was happily riding home yesterday on my ST2 when my motor literally stopped! Riding 15kms home with no power really made me realize how heavy these bikes, are I tell you! Omni is showing a "device error". Taking it into the shop today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The question I'm asking my self is whether the European made ST5s are better quality and less likely to suffer from these "lemon" like problems. If I knew for sure I'd trade up today!
Did you remove and reinstall the battery? This happened to me once and it made me realize I need to carry the keys while riding. Mine didn't stop while riding, however. It got me to work, then when i tried to ride home it needed removal. I rode home 11 miles without any power and reset it when it got home.

First thing I did. Rebooted and removed battery. Went home and put in my spare battery just in case. I'm worried that the motor is pooched. Its in the shop waiting to hear back from Stromer. Hopefully it won't take too long! I'm having withdrawals.

First thing I did. Rebooted and removed battery. Went home and put in my spare battery just in case. I'm worried that the motor is pooched. Its in the shop waiting to hear back from Stromer. Hopefully it won't take too long! I'm having withdrawals.
oh boy. let us know.

Has anyone spent much time with the OMNI-C? I just upgraded to it last week on my ST1x and have had nothing but problems. It was 6 days before I could reset my PIN (which is nice) but the GPS shows the bike off the coast of Africa (I'm in Denver, CO).
The new OMNI's all take a few rides to receive accurate GPS location. We've checked it out on 4 different bikes, and Stromer has also confirmed that this is normal behavior. As I understand it, the initial ping with the OMNI to the satiallite takes more time, but because of this it will maintain a more accurate location once the initial location is established. The time it takes to connect will vary depending on your area, for us in NYC all the buildings make it take a bit longer than most bikes. You should still be able to lock/unlock and modify motor settings even while the location doesn't work. I'd also recommend pairing the bike to your phone to take advantage of the Bluetooth features (locks the motor when you walk away).