Lafree E+?

I tried out a Lafree today (1st time on an ebike). Does anyone have any experience with this model? i couldn't find a review on that model on the EBR site. Thanks in advance!

My wife just bought a Lafree E+1 based on test riding a number of models at our local shops; we couldn't find reviews on the bikes, either.

From her anecdotal comments, the Yamaha assist combined with the internal gearing and Gates belt gave the smoothest ride and shifting of everything she tried.

Ravi Kempaiah

My wife just bought a Lafree E+1 based on test riding a number of models at our local shops; we couldn't find reviews on the bikes, either.

From her anecdotal comments, the Yamaha assist combined with the internal gearing and Gates belt gave the smoothest ride and shifting of everything she tried.
Yamaha Motor is relatively quiet and combined with the gates drive, it lends to very silent, smooth assist.

I tried out a Lafree today (1st time on an ebike). Does anyone have any experience with this model? i couldn't find a review on that model on the EBR site. Thanks in advance!
The Yamaha drive is quite reliable and the bike is a pleasure to ride. You just need to shift the gears to get proper response from the motor. Like, starting in low gear, and then shifting to higher gears once you get upto speed.

Test ride few different bikes like the Trek Verve+, specialized Como and it'll become apparent which one you like the best.

Thank you both for your feedback! Yes i need to get out and test drive different ones. i'll have to find shops that carry the ones you mention, Ravi.

I really appreciate your help!

Jackie

I have a new lafree and I love it. I commute a few times a week to work. I ride it on social rides with my roadie friends. I did purchase insurance due to commuting in a high theft area, but I lock it up very well.

I liked it best out of about 20 bikes I tested. I originally liked the Elby better but this Giant has support from my local bike shop.

Attachments

I have a new lafree and I love it. I commute a few times a week to work. I ride it on social rides with my roadie friends. I did purchase insurance due to commuting in a high theft area, but I lock it up very well.

I liked it best out of about 20 bikes I tested. I originally liked the Elby better but this Giant has support from my local bike shop.
Thanks, Jaxhusky! Just curious if you would've chosen the Elby if it was supported by your LBS. The Giant is also the one supported by mine.

Thanks, Jaxhusky! Just curious if you would've chosen the Elby if it was supported by your LBS. The Giant is also the one supported by mine.
Elby has Bionx components and that company has gone bankrupt Elby slashed prices and stated that they had reserves of parts available for future issues but that was enough to deter me despite the more flexible size range the Elby can accommodate. my lafree has an awesome, smooth, belt drive so that I can arrive to work without grease on my pants.