looking to narrow down options for an Ebike

Discussion in 'Help Choosing an Ebike' started by kiwiruss, Sep 26, 2017.

1. kiwiruss

kiwiruss New Member

Im 6ft tall and 210 lbs and am looking for a folding ebike. I am hoping I can find a 20 inch model with enough seat and handle bar height as it will fold up smaller. Are there any 20 inch bikes out there I can look at that are under $1500? Or am I too big and will have to go 26 inch?

2. Please support your local electric bike shop! These guys work hard offering test rides, sharing expertise and performing support.
    EBR strives to be impartial, we don't sell bikes ourselves and keep ads limited and relevant. Donations are greatly appreciated.

3. ReallyGoodEbikes

ReallyGoodEbikes New Member

4. kiwiruss

kiwiruss New Member

Thanks, i'll take a look.

5. Dewey

Dewey Active Member

A trio of 20" folding fat tire ebikes include:

Sondors Fold X $900 for the single speed, $1k for the 7-speed, plus $200 shipping.
    VoltBike Mariner $1300 all in.
    RadMini $1500 all in

6. Andy_in_CA

Andy_in_CA Active Member

7. rich c

rich c Active Member

Definitely ride one before buying. These bikes have a long vertical steerer, narrow handlebars, and some have a short wheelbase. It is definitely a different ride. Some have a poor holding systems when folded, and you will be wrestling around 45 pounds to get it in a car.

8. kiwiruss

kiwiruss New Member

Thanks for all the responses folks. My wife and I decided to go with GreenBike USA GB500 for her and I ordered a slightly more expensive GB500 Fat Tire for slightly taller people.

9. Simes01

Simes01 New Member

That's cool Kiwi. I too am interested in the GB500 series. Please post an update and tell us how you like it once it arrives. Cheers!

10. VLee

VLee New Member

Hey Kiwi..so howdy you like the GB500? I was thinking of getting one or the prodecotech Mariner 5. How many miles do you ride?