Meeting with Bafang CEO-Mr.Wang

The internet sales is growing up very quick and hard to control the quality, Mr.WANG(The big boss of Bafang) invited me(BTN electric bike CEO: Kevin Fang) to their company to discuss the online sales business and brand control, here is the questions what we talking about, if you are interested, please let me know your guys idea:

1. Products bought online, where is the service?

2. How to control the B2B and B2C customer's service?

3. Brand authorize to Companies who want sell or authorize to third sales plateform like aliexpress,amazon,ebay?

4. New products range or current products? I don't think BBS is possible to control now, because it use on complete bike and online sales together now.

5. Oneline products warranty time shorter,but cheaper for end customer?

Advertisement:

BTN electric bikes works with bafang more than 7 years, we make ebike and electric bike conversion kit, it become very professional for OEM and ODM.

visit us: www.btn-ebike.com

Attachments

George S.

Random Responses

1. Bafang is a ‘good’ brand in the US. People have a good feeling toward Bafang.

2. Bafang is almost a monopoly in the mid-drive DIY market (in the US)

3. Bafang seems to want to sell ‘direct’ in the US, but has no presence

4. Mr. Hicks and Lunacycle are the dominant BBS series vendor, and they are high power

5. Bafang has high power BBS and refined torque sensor BBS

6. Where does Bafang want to go with universal versus custom mid mounts?

7. The US market can’t differentiate a Bafang gear hub from a MAC

8. Simple parts replacement makes service less of an issue

9. Ship and replace service works for vendors like Dell

10. People don’t equate a Bafang mid-drive to a Bosch, yet

11. Alibaba seems to have unlimited potential

12. The Chinese are making massive investments in lithium batteries

13. The Chinese have a huge stake in electric bikes and now electric cars

14. It seems like Bafang will be a dominant US company

15. Bafang hasn’t worked out how to sell, distribute, warehouse and service in the US

16. Right now, companies like Luna are the face of Bafang

harryS

I also like and trust Bafang products. I have their fat bike rear motor, their small SWXH hub motor, and the BBS02 with good results so far. If you see old man Wang again, suggest that he update his web page to show current sales. They must be closer to a million motors a year now. That's a lot of magnets.

In the USA, Bafang is most closely associated with the mid drive speed freaks at Lunacycle.com. I like speed too, but ride my bikes pretty slow and they have not broken yet.

Last edited:

Thomas Jaszewski

There are numerous other good sellers and support people. Some with far better support. They answer their phones and have full one year warranties. No hidden 30 day warranties. Empoweredcycles, Lectric cycles, California eBikes, are a few. ALL with great warranties.

Thomas Jaszewski

The internet sales is growing up very quick and hard to control the quality, Mr.WANG(The big boss of Bafang) invited me(BTN electric bike CEO: Kevin Fang) to their company to discuss the online sales business and brand control, here is the questions what we talking about, if you are interested, please let me know your guys idea:

1. Products bought online, where is the service?

2. How to control the B2B and B2C customer's service?

3. Brand authorize to Companies who want sell or authorize to third sales plateform like aliexpress,amazon,ebay?

4. New products range or current products? I don't think BBS is possible to control now, because it use on complete bike and online sales together now.

5. Oneline products warranty time shorter,but cheaper for end customer?

Advertisement:

BTN electric bikes works with bafang more than 7 years, we make ebike and electric bike conversion kit, it become very professional for OEM and ODM.

visit us: www.btn-ebike.com
There was a long thread on Facebook Endless Sphere. A consultant gathered all sorts of information. Because some USA companies actually attack anyone reporting any negatives, many are hesitant to reply in a public thread.

You should be contacting the smaller resellers in the USA. Several are already your customers. Some have already had problems with your ability and timing supplying repair parts. THAT is one of the biggest issues. VERY BAD and VERY SLOW parts support to the small guys. Support the smaller shops. Don't simply supply a single big dealer.