My experience with Walmart Electric Bikes

StmbtDave

... Also found her front v-brakes dragging on one side and I will need to re-dish that wheel to center it between the calipers.
You shouldn't have to mess with the wheel to correct the dragging. V-brakes usually have a small screw on each arm, down by the pivot point, that adjusts the spring tension. Tighten the tension and that arm will move away from the rim.

Dave

A quality ebike purchased today will not be outdated in six months. Not even a year. And a $4000 ebike is a quality $1800+ bike to begin with, with a quality ebike drive.

Bicycles of any type don't hold their monetary value well. After 5 years of ebiking I can honestly say a quality ebike holds up very well. Many of us have put 5, 10 and 20,000+ miles on ebikes. That's quality of life value! And money well spent.

Welcome to the forum, Glen. I think you'll find a good ebike that fits your needs. There are a few good value priced brands and a few good discount dealers around. Good luck in your search!
Great response!

Timpo

In countries like China, there must be 9 million ebikes like the Hyper, and there's probably a shop in every neighborhood where someone can keep your shifters/brakes adjusted, and check out the motor and electrics. I'm able to live with inexpensive ebikes because I've got some tech skills and was willing to learn about the simpler ebikes.

Really, I have no wish to screw around with regen, antilock brakes, eletcronic shifting, 28 mph. A throttle, PAS, and 500W is enough.

My wife was falling behind today because the chain would only stay on low gear, and with a 15 mph wind, PAS 1 wasn't enough, I confess I had to go home and look up the fix on Google. Oh, OK. Turn the tension barrel on the shifter cable. Three clicks ( a half turn) did the trick, Also found her front v-brakes dragging on one side and I will need to re-dish that wheel to center it between the calipers. I decided to upgrade to a front disk this winter as her fork is compatible, Already got a spare wheel with rotor, An Avid BB7 caliper is $35. It really doesn't take much to upgrade components.
Actually, ebikes in China are mostly 50cc scooter looking ebikes.
Ebikes like Hyper are mainly for USA/Canada market.

Those eMTB or bicycle-looking ebikes are not that popular in China.