new ebiker looking for some adivce

impressed rider

i just bought a magnum metro 2 months ago and i have run into some problems ems and i dont know what i can do i was hopping somebody could give me some advise and a little help with the issues with my $3.100 paper wight.
like i said i got this bike a little less then two months ago and i was just so happy with it not only was it a great bike to ride but also i was able to go out and get around again after spending a year or so waiting for my knee replacement surgery it was so nice to get out and about without being in agonizing pain with every step way im rambling to my problem 8 days ago i derided to wash MY BIKE SO I DID EVERY THING i could do to protect it i put a plastic bag around the display REMOVED THE Battery and washed it with a hose and rag when i left for a ride the day i noticed there was a bit of what looked like moister in the display waited a coulple days and tried again it seemed OK but the battery light the one on the top of the battery wouldn't turn off and then it would ent charge so i toopk it to p
the bike shop where i bought it and right away he was trying to just get me out it seemed so i left and came back a day later after thinking about a few things i was thinking maybe when i installed a proper theoutle instead of the simple ugly looking one that came with it it also had a ignition with it and i think it sould come with one anyway case he right away said oh you touched the wiring the warranty is void even though im a licences mechanic and i know all about making proper connections witch i double check every time io do wiring on anything so i no that it had nothing to do with my wiring and besides two days after a bought it the alien bolts that hold the rear dick in place had all felled out expe;pt one when i took it back that time he tried to say somebody must be trying to sabotage me right then i should have caught on that he was just trying to cover shot workmen ship then a couple weeks later i checked the rear disk again because i header a clicking when i put the brakes on and sure enough the bolts were backing out again i replaced the ones to where missing my self this time and noticed that he ha dent even put lock tight on any of the bolts when he first assembled it and when he replaced the ones the he put in last time so now im trying to get m,y bike back on the road but there is very little info on this bike as far as repairing and sutch if any on has any ideas that might help me like if you know where a can download the wiring diagram for the magnum metro or some videos on YouTube or just some advised anything that might help me get back out there im going nuts stuck in this place

rich c

Lack of punctuation and spelling issues makes this long post a real challenge to read. I gave up. Sorry you are having a problem.

AHicks

I had a lot of trouble reading your note as well. Willing to help, and pretty sure a bunch of others are as well, but you need to be more specific with your questions.

I did see you mention you are looking for a wiring diagram. I don't think you're going to find one that covers the entire bike, but you might have better luck if we knew what type of problem you're having. That might allow for somebody to come up with a diagram for that area, or some ideas to help troubleshoot you issue.

Best of luck.

impressed rider

sorry about my first post i have a little issue with my spelling had it most of my life.
i will try again
problem lost power after washing.it was the controller but i voided the warranty after i installed a throttle with ignition key so i bought on online but it dosent want to work with the display or the display was damaged as well when i wash it im not sure so my question is how can i by pass the display until l can afford to by a complete setup and while im here can anyone suggest a good but affordable control box display setup that is not das kit

indianajo

It is very difficult to find display/controller/throttle/brake calipers that match each other except as a set. Sometimes you can replace all those in a set and reuse the motor & battery, but the connectors on those have to be compatible. You could use a DVM to prove the battery is okay, by load testing it with a 15 ohm 225 W resistor as I did. Two batteries I bought failed that test, collapsing to 7 v on one and 11 v on the other. That was after a charge. Do any load testing outside on concrete in case of a battery fire.
No you can't bypass the display until you can afford a complete setup. Some new controllers come without a display, I recommend using one of those. I had trouble with the display getting waterlogged just by sitting out in the rain. Funny thing bikes are used outdoors, you might expect them to work after a rain. Not. My new controller without a display does work after a rain.
Yes, you voided the warrenty when you made a modification. Plus I never wash my bike with a hose. That probably would have voided the warrenty too.
Better luck with the next bike.

Ebiker01

I had a lot of trouble reading your note as well. Willing to help, and pretty sure a bunch of others are as well, but you need to be more specific with your questions.

I did see you mention you are looking for a wiring diagram. I don't think you're going to find one that covers the entire bike, but you might have better luck if we knew what type of problem you're having. That might allow for somebody to come up with a diagram for that area, or some ideas to help troubleshoot you issue.

Best of luck.
sorry about my first post i have a little issue with my spelling had it most of my life.
i will try again
problem lost power after washing.it was the controller but i voided the warranty after i installed a throttle with ignition key so i bought on online but it dosent want to work with the display or the display was damaged as well when i wash it im not sure so my question is how can i by pass the display until l can afford to by a complete setup and while im here can anyone suggest a good but affordable control box display setup that is not das kit
Take it to another dealer and remove the throttle you just installed before going there.
Don’t mention the washing maybe only heavy rain.
Some dealers are not that great...that’s why it’s only a few that are Great. Get a Bh/easy motion for next one. New from a Great dealer , never buy a used ebike. And just use a spinge to clean it . Very carefully if using hose on an ebike.

harryS

Where is the controller located on that bike? Is it a separate button unit with a display in the middle, or is it a combo display with buttons next to grip?

Bill Brikiatis

This is probably not your problem, but it's worth a try.

I have a magnum metro. I find that when the battery is low on charge and I try to use a lot of PAS or throttle the whole system shuts down. It acts as if the battery no longer has enough juice to even power the screen. I don't know much about it, but it looks like a software glitch to me. I resolve this issue by charging the battery a little. Works every time for me.

Try turning on the bike while the battery is charging.

harryS

Bill, that's normal for a battery low on charge, except for the higher Ah units. A 48 V pack ranges between 54.6v at full charge and about 40V at lowest charge.

When you take that pack down to around 43V, it will still run the bike, but a high surge in current may cause several volts of voltage sag, which trips a safety circuit in the bike controller. The more powerful (16AH and up) batteries are less prone to this, On some bikes, the bike will power back up after the screen goes blank if you try to restart. Others require the battery to be turned off/on, or removed/replaced. Yes, they could rewrite the firmware to look at the average voltage, but it is a safety feature, and here it pays to be strict.

If you have a 36V pack, their range is 42,0 to 30 volts. The 48V and 36V reference is when when the battery slightly more than half charged,