New Raleigh Tokul iE Owner

volinbham

Hello all,

I've had my Raleigh Tokul iE for a couple weeks and I love it. I've had the Juiced Ocean Current for over a year but wanted a MTB. Tried to buy early in the Summer but they were all out of stock. Found one at Fly Rides in San Diego (La Jolla). Once Raleigh dropped the price last Spring this (to me) was the best deal going. Great components, Plus size tires and boost hub spacing, Bosch CX Performance, Rock Shox Judy Gold air fork. The closest thing I found was Giant Fathom 3 but it was $500 more and had a cheap spring shock. Liked Bosch over Giant Syncdrive as well. Only downside is 400 powerpack instead of 500.

I've put a slight riser stem and Soma Clarence bar to get a bit more upright. It's close to where I want it but the sweep helps on the wrists (along with some Ergo grips).

Some pics of the Clarence bar

FlatSix911

I just picked up another eBike from Raleigh for my spouse... the MisCEO Sport iE. ;)

Attachments

mmoncur

Nice! I love my Tokul IE, just passed 200 miles on it. Check out my thread in this forum if you're wondering how to install a kickstand or water bottle holder.

Toomanycats

Hello all,

I've had my Raleigh Tokul iE for a couple weeks and I love it. I've had the Juiced Ocean Current for over a year but wanted a MTB. Tried to buy early in the Summer but they were all out of stock. Found one at Fly Rides in San Diego (La Jolla). Once Raleigh dropped the price last Spring this (to me) was the best deal going. Great components, Plus size tires and boost hub spacing, Bosch CX Performance, Rock Shox Judy Gold air fork. The closest thing I found was Giant Fathom 3 but it was $500 more and had a cheap spring shock. Liked Bosch over Giant Syncdrive as well. Only downside is 400 powerpack instead of 500.

I've put a slight riser stem and Soma Clarence bar to get a bit more upright. It's close to where I want it but the sweep helps on the wrists (along with some Ergo grips).

Some pics of the Clarence bar

View attachment 38689View attachment 38690View attachment 38691View attachment 38692
I have the Tokul’s cousin, the Lore. I had Propel bikes install similar ergonomic handlebars. They also raised the stem for me, and put on a rack. So now it’s “domesticated”.
I think you got a great value, and will be delighted with your purchase. The Tokul and Lore are best kept secrets.
I’ve owned mine 8 months, other than the Purion display eating batteries it’s been great. Just installed a thudbuster seatpost.

Attachments