Non Juiced brand battery purchase

hyusufi

Hi Guys, i am looking for a non juiced brand battery for my ripcurrent S bike. It has a 52 volt, 19.2Ah. Do any of you guys know or have experience purchasing directly from china, using websites like dhgate, and aliexpress? Thanks!

Thomas Jaszewski

Hi Guys, i am looking for a non juiced brand battery for my ripcurrent S bike. It has a 52 volt, 19.2Ah. Do any of you guys know or have experience purchasing directly from china, using websites like dhgate, and aliexpress? Thanks!
Very dicey trying to order direct. Very easy to get fleeced. Consider EM3ev. Best of the aftermarket batteries. UPP for budget batteries but not the best BMS protection for DIY upgrades. Google EM3ev for reviews and YouTube for a factory tour. Who makes the case they use?

hyusufi

Very dicey trying to order direct. Very easy to get fleeced. Consider EM3ev. Best of the aftermarket batteries. UPP for budget batteries but not the best BMS protection for DIY upgrades. Google EM3ev for reviews and YouTube for a factory tour. Who makes the case they use?
Yea I do agree. I will try the EM3ev. Thank you Thomas!

Timpo

The 52V battery casing on Juiced is made by Juiced, not Reention.

Juiced uses 440mm Reention Dorado for CrossCurrent Air and S (I don't know if X has wide format frame).

As far as I know, this is the only option if you want a 440mm 52V battery.

But I believe RipCurrent S has wide frame, so it might look funny if you get the Dorado MAX. I don't even know if it fits.
I know that RipCurrent's wide battery pack fits on CC Air's narrow frame, the battery just stick out to the side a little bit.

Thomas Jaszewski

The 52V battery casing on Juiced is made by Juiced, not Reention.
No, it is NOT. Look, I imagine it begins to look like I pick on you. What I hope you come to realize is that no one of us can have ALL the information in a very broad market. But making definitive statements suggesting a bike maker like Juiced would have a proprietary case made at GREAT development and manufacturing expense and still maintain a low price, is either disingenuous or just plain naive.
It took me 5 minutes of looking through my vendor files...
Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 1.15.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 1.16.07 PM.png

Timpo

No, it is NOT. Look, I imagine it begins to look like I pick on you. What I hope you come to realize is that no one of us can have ALL the information in a very broad market. But making definitive statements suggesting a bike maker like Juiced would have a proprietary case made at GREAT development and manufacturing expense and still maintain a low price, is either disingenuous or just plain naive.
View attachment 38882View attachment 38883
Wow, thank you!!

I was looking for a Juiced 52V pack to ask my local battery shop to build the battery, but Tora said it's exclusive to Juiced and it was developed by Juiced and it is an Juiced in-house design.

Could you provide me a link to that case??

Thanks

xerxez

Does this work:

hyusufi

View attachment 38882View attachment 38883
I found this case on alibaba. i contacted the rep and asked if this would work for juiced bike? i gave her the spec for juiced battery. Here what she told me:

"hello,after check it,we don't have this kinds of battery case"

"it is Juiced bike's private case,they applied for a patent of it."

Timpo

Does this work:

No, that's 505mm l, juiced uses 440mm

Thomas Jaszewski

I found this case on alibaba. i contacted the rep and asked if this would work for juiced bike? i gave her the spec for juiced battery. Here what she told me:

"hello,after check it,we don't have this kinds of battery case"

"it is Juiced bike's private case,they applied for a patent of it."
Interesting. Firstly, a patent in China is almost laughable. I can instantly name a half dozen breaches of that concept. But the maker did pull availability. But as soon as someone offers enough and meets an MOQ, that will fall away. I still don't buy Juiced has enough "juice" to lock up the design. But since the MOQ for a battery using that case is well beyond my means, it remains almost true. Only a few days ago an"exclusive frame" "designed by <redacted>" has had the source revealed and an acquaintance has sourced the frame. Very cool fella and attorney of note cracked it. Not even an industry insider. IME China is all about money NOW. Little regard for the future. Money talks and rules melt.