Nyon Retrofit

Alaskan

I was on several European bike tours the past two summers. Pretty much all of the tour companies were pushing mobile phone-based routing services. The eBikes were not capable of providing power to the phones so a lot of them died before the end of the day. Some riders had external batteries so they were OK. I was using a Garmin Edge 1030 and several times we had to use the routes I'd downloaded for navigation. I'm looking forward to having an Intuvia instalIed on my R&M bike in early January. I intend to switch over to my Nyon as soon as I can. Will keep the Intuvia as a backup. I suppose the phone cradles are substantial, but i would be concerned with having the phone fall off and be run over - probably by me.
I could not agree more. My Samsung Galaxy s9+ makes for a very expensive bike display and would be sitting in a rather open and vulnerable spot. If I took a tumble I might lose much more than the bike data display. I would rather have a dedicated, contained, task-designed display that is powered directly by the bike's battery.

Bruce keating

The new Bosch SmartphoneHub has a new mount different from the Cobi (Which used the Nyon and Investa mount). There is supposed to be a phone charger plug, and when you remove the phone there is a small weather proof screen with some ridding/Bosch motor & battery functions. I think Trek only has one high end 2020 bike, Allant+ 8S Stagger with this new system, It will be a while before we see them. Trek has little info on this system. An Trek excitative told me that it would be a while, if ever, Trek would this system. Maybe some of the European users can review the SmartphoneHub. Bosch has a manual online for this computer.

Alaskan

Does anyone know for sure if the Nyon will work on the new Performance Line Speed (Gen4) motor? www.bike24.com has them complete with controller and mount for $318 landed which seemed pretty reasonable.

Thanks,
Marc
Marc, I can not answer your question with certainty. However if the bike has an Intuvia display the Nyon will fit on the handlebar display mount. If you have a Kiox display you would also need the Intuvia mount. It appears that the kit does not include the mount which is also available from the same seller https://www.bike24.com/p2235246.html?q=bosch+Nyon

Given that Bosch does not support Nyon in North America, this would be a question best asked of the Bosch support team in Europe.

marcparnes

Thank you. Actually the kit includes both the mount and controller even though I don't need the mount (have Intuvia).

https://www.bike24.com/p2236088.html Bosch Nyon Upgrade Kit incl. Display Mount and Control Unit - 0275007818 - anthracite

I sent an email to a couple of suppliers in Germany including bike24 and heard back from one of them this morning confirming that it works with my bike. I also downloaded the 2020 Nyon Online Manual and it lists the Performance Speed application in their chart regarding assist levels so that pretty much confirms it :) I read your post detailing installation and it looks like a snap. Thanks a lot for doing that!

Marc

Dr. Science

Hi - I'll know for sure on January 7th - have an appointment with a shop in Seattle to swap out the Kiox for an Intuvia. Have a Nyon and controller sitting in their boxes.