Performance Line CX randomly powers-off

Discussion in 'Bosch Forum' started by Craig Crowder, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Craig Crowder

Craig Crowder Member

I have a Bulls SIX50+ E FS 3 which has a Bosch Performance line CX. I've ridden the bike about 50 times for about 400 miles total (I ride about 4 times a week) since I bought it in June 2017. In the past three weeks the motor and display unit (Intuvia) has powered off on it's own while riding 4 different times. I press the power button and it powers back up after about a minute. No error code is displayed. Is there some trick to see if there is a hidden internal error code somewhere? Any help is appreciated, it's an hour drive one way to the dealer I bought it from.

2. Please support your local electric bike shop! These guys work hard offering test rides, sharing expertise and performing support.
    EBR strives to be impartial, we don't sell bikes ourselves and keep ads limited and relevant. Donations are greatly appreciated.

3. hurricane56

hurricane56 Member

I have the same problem on my Haibike Trekking S with Bosch Performance Speed. System shutdown randomly with no error code displayed. Although my shutdowns happened when the battery is more than 40% discharged. Dealer replaced the main battery harness. Best to work with your dealer if the bike is still in warranty. Will keep you posted.

4. elyhim

elyhim Member

Same issue but I know there's an error. I plan on bringing it in for a check next week. The error code only shows up sometimes.

5. Craig Crowder

Craig Crowder Member

Please share your finding after you get it checked out.

6. Ann M.

Ann M. Administrator

Craig, call your dealer first; there may be something that they can help you reset or diagnose over the phone. Ask if someone on their team could meet you half way so it wouldn't be such a long drive; they might say yes! My shop does that every now and then.

7. Craig Crowder

Craig Crowder Member

My dealer has been very accommodating but meeting half way is problematic. Most likely a diagnostic report will need to be run to see if there are any internal error codes present and I can't imagine them bringing their desktop computer which has the diagnostic software for a road trip. It's unfortunate that Bosch doesn't provide the ability to run the report ourselves.

8. medjed

medjed New Member

are you sure it's not the display getting loose?
    i've had that issue on my ktm before and it was because i didn't fully click in my display to the cradle.
    i'd also check the connector pins to see if there clean.

9. hurricane56

hurricane56 Member

Just checking in with this thread. I had a faulty battery harness that was causing the shutdowns. I've put about 300 miles on my bike since the repair with no issues.

10. Craig Crowder

Craig Crowder Member

Thanks for the update.... Did they show what was wrong with the harness?

11. Craig Crowder

Craig Crowder Member

I'll double check and make sure the contacts are clean but I'm pretty sure it's been seated properly the whole time. thanks

12. medjed

medjed New Member

np, hope it works out for you!