Radrover Controller & Display Upgrade Kit

spmckinnon

Ok, so running the Bolton controller C5 setting at 7/10 is perfect with a 52V battery.

I've put on around 200km/s at this setting.

I can maintain 45km/h with pedaling on flats using 650 - 750W @ PAS 4

PAS 5 on flats bumps up wattage between 1000 - 1200 but also gets speed up to 50/55 km/h

I keep it in PAS4 and then throttle up for short bursts to climb hills, accelerate from stop, etc.

Motor temp stays at stock for the most part and I'm getting way more out of the battery now. I can travel around 60km at PAS4 with some throttling with pedaling.

Incredible.

tripntx

Bolton Upgrade kits are available again. I'm going to wait a few months until the controller in his kits include a harness to power factory lights on 2019 models.

SpiderDice

Bolton Upgrade kits are available again. I'm going to wait a few months until the controller in his kits include a harness to power factory lights on 2019 models.
Annnnd it's gone again..

I'm glad I bought mine. Torque, acceleration and speed up hills is greatly increased.

However, I am getting weird speeds with PAS 1-3. Sometimes, PAS 1 goes around 15mph, other times it's at 18mph. PAS 2 jumps to 21mph, while PAS 3 gets to around 23mph.

Is there anyway that we can change the speeds at the pedal assist levels?

CupofJoe21

I just read through this forum. I replaced the motor with the 750 Bafang motor and ordered this battery: https://em3ev.com/shop/em3ev-52v-14s5p-jumbo-shark-ebike-battery/. I have some more details on installation for anyone else who is thinking of doing this. I don’t know if anyone else had this problem, but I could not get the freewheel off. Thankfully, I was able to get the screws off of the motor casing even with the freewheel on. I’m upgrading to the DNP 11-34T freewheel so it’s not a big deal. In order to get the screws off of the motor casing, you will need a Tamperproof T20 Torx screw head. Also there is a little piece (I think it’s a magnet) that goes in between the axle and the gears inside of the motor. When you take apart the motor, this might fall out. All in all, it wasn’t too difficult to do. For those who have upgrader the motor and the controller, did you change any settings for the controller?

Attachments

AHicks

Regarding controller settings, in an attempt to make the bike set up the way I wanted it, and to become as efficient as possible with the settings I had chosen, I became pretty familiar with the available settings. So yes, settings were changed. My system involved a direct drive though. Soon, we'll be going back through all that as the direct drive is going to be replaced with a gear drive (MAC 12t), to see what can be done with that.

Big fan of the DNP 11-34, I've read so much of the struggles to remove them, I just ordered a replacement to avoid having to deal with it. I do use anti-sieze on the install, so if I have to remove one, that will make it as easy as possible to remove. -Al

AHicks

I'd agree that if you aren't looking for anything special, it will operate as is with few changes. Being a bit of a geek, I wanted to see what it was capable of....