Raleigh misceo IE

ya1234

I’m wondering how many users have vale i’m wondering how many users have a Raleigh misceo IE.
It is a fantastic ride. It’s a lightweight, and durable. My only concern is to charge the battery. The charger and the battery connection is so small, that it is difficult to get the three pins In the battery aligned with the charger.
I’ve been trying this many times, and I had to replace the charger from the bike shop.

Are there any solutions to this problem?

Thanks for your advice

FlatSix911

I have a Raleigh Misceo Sport IE and just remove the battery to charge with the large 4-blade connector.

1566272920251.png

1566273096013.png
1566273110190.png

Last edited:

ya1234

I have the regular Raleigh misceo IE ebike?
The pins to charge the battery are small and it's cumbersome even after removing the battery to align them with the charger, and very tricky even in bright light to get alignment. I've had to replace a charger due to bent pins once. Three hole is too small.
Is there any solution to this charging problem

FlatSix911

I have the regular Raleigh misceo IE ebike?
The pins to charge the battery are small and it's cumbersome even after removing the battery to align them with the charger, and very tricky even in bright light to get alignment. I've had to replace a charger due to bent pins once. Three hole is too small.
Is there any solution to this charging problem
Perhaps you are talking about the new 2019 Misceo iE with the hub motor pictured below.

Unfortunately, Raleigh decided to lower the price point and go with a lot of entry-level components.

It appears that the charger for the SR Suntour rear hub motor uses a small pin conductor for charging.

The original 2016/2017 Misceo iE Sport came with a Shimano mid-drive motor including the larger charger pictured above.

1566453984145.png

1566454509789.png

Last edited:

ya1234

Perhaps you are talking about the new 2019 Misceo iE with the hub motor pictured below.

Unfortunately, Raleigh decided to lower the price point and go with a lot of entry-level components.

It appears that the charger for the SR Suntour rear hub motor uses a small pin conductor for charging.

The original 2016/2017 Misceo iE Sport came with a Shimano mid-drive motor including the larger charger pictured above.

View attachment 36952

View attachment 36955

ya1234

I didn't know and now I'm stuck with this... Can I leave the charger cable wire, which is short, in the battery and use it with the short cable attached so I won't have to try and identify pin and socket after every discharge of the battery...I wish I had known that this was an entry level system...
Is there any other way to circumvent this difficulty with the small charger pin, like a permanent solution?
Thanks

ya1234

I didn't know and now I'm stuck with this... Can I leave the charger cable wire, which is short, in the battery and use it with the short cable attached so I won't have to try and identify pin and socket after every discharge of the battery...I wish I had known that this was an entry level system...
Is there any other way to circumvent this difficulty with the small charger pin, like a permanent solution?
Thanks
I bought this cycle online 3 months ago. It Is the 2019 model. If this is covered but a2 year warranty, is it possible to return this bike and get the upgrade, and how do I go about it, I didn't register the bike as yet.
Thanks for the response

I’m wondering how many users have vale i’m wondering how many users have a Raleigh misceo IE.
It is a fantastic ride. It’s a lightweight, and durable. My only concern is to charge the battery. The charger and the battery connection is so small, that it is difficult to get the three pins In the battery aligned with the charger.
I’ve been trying this many times, and I had to replace the charger from the bike shop.

Are there any solutions to this problem?
Hi, my wife is selling her Misceo. 250miles. She never rides it and I need the space.
Thanks for your advice