Re-Sell Value of RadRover ?

I have the 2018 model of the RadRover and was wondering what the resell value might be. I bought this in August of 2018, the bike is in great shape, but does have just under 1400 miles on it. Some of the extra's on it are the rear rack, and a set of Mr. Tuffy tire liners. Now that Rad Power Bikes has to charge tax here in CA, it would cost just over $1600 for a new one so I was thinking $1200.00 would be a fair price. Any Opinions?

The resale value of any item depends on what someone is willing to pay for it. Why don't you try offering it at that price and see what happens? I imagine others here will be interested, so let us know how it goes.

As atariguy mentioned, it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I am in a similar boat as you. I am probably ordering two RadCities in the next few days. My wife and I have talked about the scenario of what happens if they suck and we don't like them. Considering I am in Santa Barbara, CA, I have checked craigslist a lot. There are NEVER any used ebikes other than from rental companies trying to sell their old rentals. They generally wait 3 years to dump them. A lot of rental companies have clauses in their contracts with the bike makers that they can't sell for below a certain price and only after a certain period of time.

So what does that mean for you? I'd say $1200 is probably just a little high in this area. I know that if I found 'last years' for $1000 I'd probably buy it without hesitation.

And wait . . . Rad is charging sales tax now in CA? That makes me sad. That is going to give me cause to look at Aventon and E-Glide instead.

AHicks

In a metro area, I think 1200 for a name brand bike might work. I sold a nicely done home brew that was about the same age last summer for 1100. in SE Mi.

You can always come down. If somebody is serious about buying it, you can always entertain an offer. Myself, if I were interested in another Rad, I'd snap that bike up in a heartbeat if it was clean.

Ebiker01

Any informed buyer should stay faaaaaar away from buying an used ebike unless is from a bike shop that also offers warranty. Is at least 50x riskier buying an used ebike than an used car due to very low ebike education /dealer network .
If the buyer (most likely new to ebikes) had an issue , how will he/she handle it w/o comprenhesive warranty ? Do you expect them to google and find the electricbikereview threads on how to fix it ? Should she or he pay another 4-500$ to fix it after spending 1grand buying an used ebike ? That’s what is most likely to happen.
If you warranty is transfferable for at least 2additional years and battery is holding charge 1k is good price. No warranty -5-600$ at max. !

rich c

You never get any return on accessories. A buyer has no idea how you treated the battery. They have no warranty from you. A lot of people will easily pay $400 for a warranty. Just look at what they pay for aftermarket and extended car warranties! If they do any internet searching at all, they will see that Rad Power is taking a lot of hits on their advertised motor rating. I think $1200 is high.

Thomas Jaszewski

You never get any return on accessories. A buyer has no idea how you treated the battery. They have no warranty from you. A lot of people will easily pay $400 for a warranty. Just look at what they pay for aftermarket and extended car warranties! If they do any internet searching at all, they will see that Rad Power is taking a lot of hits on their advertised motor rating. I think $1200 is high.
I advise buyers to deduct the cost of a new battery. Unless the battery can be tested. Sadly that’s near impossible. $1000 on the high end. Take a look at bicycle blue books. These are still bicycles and a battery can be horribly abused.

Mike's E-Bikes

Think of it like a car. But worse. The moment you drive it off the lot it's worth 30% less. A year old with any use, figure 50% off. You have to make it compelling to buy, and with lots of vendors discounting their 1 year old NEW ebikes 30 to 40% off, and supply so great, and constantly improving technology every year, it's a hard sell.