Searching for a Folding Electric Bike With Decent Battery

alfred

Hello guys,

I'm looking for a new electric bike. I would like to use it for the daily commute.
My office is just 5 miles away from my house. I don't need insanely powerful and heavy ones. So I would like to go with a foldable one.

Just because of the convenience. I'm not gonna ride it in super speeds and the look of the bike isn't a big deal.
Simply put, I'm looking for a budget, lightweight electric bike with a pretty decent battery backup.

I already found some folding electric bikes here:
https://www.amegoev.com/electric-bikes/folding-20/

Please help me choose a good one.

Thanks in advance!

Marci jo

Hello guys,

I'm looking for a new electric bike. I would like to use it for the daily commute.
My office is just 5 miles away from my house. I don't need insanely powerful and heavy ones. So I would like to go with a foldable one.

Just because of the convenience. I'm not gonna ride it in super speeds and the look of the bike isn't a big deal.
Simply put, I'm looking for a budget, lightweight electric bike with a pretty decent battery backup.

I already found some folding electric bikes here:
https://www.amegoev.com/electric-bikes/folding-20/

Please help me choose a good one.

Thanks in advance!
This Spring I had the opportunity to ride a Go Cycle. I liked it. Smooth and responsive.
But it might not fit your budget.

harryS

My experience is that you don't need much of a battery to go 10 miles on a folder. For one thing, you're not not going very fast. The gearing and the small wheels make 12-14 mph. I'm sure any of those bikes you linked will do the job. A 10 mile ride for me would use about 2AH out of a 36V battery, less for my wife is is 135 pounds while I'm 190. That's about 80 WH. Cold weather and hills would raise that to 120, maybe. We avoid cold weather (below 55F) unless we're in FLorida in January. Then that feels warm. SO I'm sure any of the bikes you linked will do the job, Most packs are at least 280 WH. Charge when you get to the office or charge after you get home.

Our folders are home converted bikes, so they're a bit lighter than commercial electric folders. They're under 40 pounds. My opinion is you almost have to try one out, to see if it's ride right for you and isn't too heavy to fold when you get to the office.