Seeking Suggestions for tire pump for Fat tires

Discussion in 'Parts and Accessories' started by Duncan, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Duncan

Duncan New Member

I can only assume the mini tire pumps out there would be a real grind to use for pumping up a 4" tire. Is there a good tire pump I should look for?

2. Please support your local electric bike shop! These guys work hard offering test rides, sharing expertise and performing support.
    EBR strives to be impartial, we don't sell bikes ourselves and keep ads limited and relevant. Donations are greatly appreciated.

3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Well-Known Member

For use while out riding the lezyne micro floor drive xl is the best option.

4. Rincon

Rincon Active Member

Lezyne makes two compact pump types, high pressure (HP) and high volume (HV). HP is for road bikes with skinny tires. Use HV for a packable fat tire pump. In the garage, I use a compressor. On the bike I carry a Lezyne Alloy Drive HV pump. There's an article on BikeRumor about it.

5. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Duncan likes this.
  6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Well-Known Member

The lezyne floor drive xl is basically their fat tire version of the hv you're referencing @Rincon -it came out late last year!

If looking for an at home solution, ant floor pump will suffice.

Duncan likes this.
  7. Rincon

Rincon Active Member

Yes, the Micro Floor Drive XL is the fat tire pump because it only goes to 35 pounds. The Alloy, and all of the other HV hand pumps, go to 90 lbs. I'm not sure why anyone would buy the XL as the Micro Floor Drive HV is the same length and style but pumps to 90. I find Lezyne's vast array of pumps confusing, overlapping, and poorly differentiated—but all are quality products. They are a pleasure to own and use.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Duncan likes this.
  8. galvinro

galvinro New Member

The Topeak Turbo Morph Bike Pump is a goo option also. Not too pricey, does the job.

9. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Thanks for the information everyone

J.R. likes this.
  10. Robert W Green

Robert W Green New Member

Portland Design Works Magic Flute. It has a CO2 inflater built in so you can hit the flat with the CO2 and then top off with the pump.

Forums Made Possible with Support From