Step-Thru

Dewey

Sparta Amazone 4-Life F7e (Netherlands). The Dutch have a word "Moederfiets" similar to the Japanese MamaChari to describe this type of child carrying bike, this bike features fore and aft child seating plus an extended rear cargo rack.

Marci jo

Sparta Amazone 4-Life F7e (Netherlands). The Dutch have a word "Moederfiets" similar to the Japanese MamaChari to describe this type of child carrying bike, this bike features fore and aft child seating plus an extended rear cargo rack.
Interesting bike. I wonder if it would feel top heavy especially with a couple little ones riding along.

Dewey

Montague M-E1. Montague make folding bikes with full size wheels. Their Paratrooper model is popular for converting among the DIY ebike community. Until now their official ebike models were conversions using all-in-one hub motors, Copenhagen Wheel in the US, Zehus in the EU. Now Montague have announced their first purpose built ebike and it is a step-through! Equipped with the Shimano Steps E6100 mid-drive motor, full size 700c wheels, folding handlebar. The bike can be supported by the kickstand when folded, and pushed or pulled along by leaving the handlebar up when folded.

Last edited:

Dewey

Timmermans Creme Cruiser. A Dutch bicycle enthusiast Teun Timmermans takes vintage and classic design bicycles and repurposes them into custom e-bikes. This Creme Cruiser is a Gazelle Omafiets step-through frame extensively modified to incorporate a Panasonic mid-drive, Nuvinci CVP hub, belt drive, modern disk brakes, Brooks saddle and grips.

Last edited:

Dewey

Lots of nice colors! How come in the US all we seem to get is a choice of asphalt or blacktop?
It's cheaper to just have a choice of 2 or 3 colors. You could powder coat it and apply decals if you want something brighter. Smaller builders like WorkCycles in the Netherlands can offer the full RAL palette.

ChezCheese:)

Well, yes, of course I know it's about the economics of production. Henry Ford taught us all that a hundred years ago. I'm just grousing wistfully.

e-boy

Actually , in the U.S. , step throughs are often offered only in girly colors , as if real Amurcan men dont ride them .
Also they’re often only offered sized for the smaller rider .

ChezCheese:)

Mostly it's the invisibility of asphalt colored bikes I object to. But also, who hasn't had a dream bike in a particular color that they really hankered for when they were a kid?