Step-Thru

Feliz

On another more serious note, does anyone besides me use one of those clips that prevent your pants from getting caught in the chain? I haven't seen anyone else with one in years and I'm constantly being asked what it is. When I was a kid everyone had one along with a piece of cardboard and a clothespin to make your bike sound like it had a motor.

DDBB

I use a thin strap of double sided velcro on my regular bike.. My Haibike has an outer chain ring guard and I haven't had any issues with pant legs caught in the sprocket or hitting the chain

Al P

I use a Ridelife elastic strap by Giant, with Velcro closure that was made for that purpose. Easy on-easy off. Does the job.

Dewey

MBM Titania, uses a mid-drive motor designed and made in Cesena, Italy, by Olieds, and a 14.5ah/522wh battery from Phylion currently made in China but from fall 2019 assembled in their new battery factory in Portugal to avoid E.U. import restrictions.
1542509516184.jpeg

Last edited:

Dewey

EBCO M45 (UK, Taiwan) Nexus 7 IGH & TranzX F15 front hub motor

For the US market, the similar frame Izip E3 Loma uses a 7-speed Shimano Tourney derailleur instead which enables the TranzX motor to be mounted on the rear hub.

Last edited:

Dewey

SmartMotion X-City (New Zealand, China), Dapu mid-drive, 36v 15.6ah battery, Schwalbe 27.5x2.35 Nobby Nic tires, 100mm XCM fork, 180mm rotors, Deore 10-speed. A New Zealand reviewer described the X-City as "the Landrover of ebikes".

Last edited:

Dewey

MS-Ebike Carrie 2 (China, Japan) - a 36v, 250w, Class 1 pedelec using the new Vinka VK17 mid-drive (with torque & cadence sensors), Mono-shock fork & seatpost suspension, Nexus 8 IGH & Rollerbrakes

Dewey

Rose Xtra Watt Evo Rohloff (Germany), Bosch Active Line Plus motor with Intuvia display, 500wh PowerTube battery, Rohloff E-14 Speedhub with electronic shifting and wide 526% range, Gates belt, 63mm air fork with 15mm thru-axle

Dewey

Aventon Pace 500 Step Through. Avant Sports who formerly sold in the US Class 1 and 2 ebikes under the Populo brand are now selling Class 3 ebikes under the Aventon brand.

Dewey

Some more German pedelecs

Stevens E-14 Forma, Rohloff automatic shifter, Bosch CX Motor, Gates belt

Simplon Chenoa Uni, Carbon frame

Gudereit EC-40 Foldo, Bosch Active Line Plus, Gates belt

Fischer Cita 5.0i, Brose Motor

Falter E9.8

Last edited:

Dewey

Sondors Step, their website claims this should start shipping in July 2019. Class 2 folding ebike.

Dewey

The Coco-Mat Penelope looks like it is a single speed with a Zehus All in One 250w hub motor wheel that has a 6.8ah/160wh battery, controller, and pedal sensor all built into the hub. The frame is made from white Ash wood, and it uses a Sturmey Archer front drum brake.

Last edited:

Dewey

Tuesday August Live! LS. Tuesday is the Cruiser bike brand of Advanced Sports Inc who recently emerged from the ASE bankruptcy with new owners. Their take on the foot forward frame style is called 'Touch Down Geometry'. At 50lb this is lightweight for a cruiser ebike, the motor is a 250w bafang rear hub, with a 417wh battery.

Dewey

More German market Pedelecs

Excelsior Vintage E

Centurion E-Fire Country

Böttcher Bicycles Grecos Eli 6.0

Dewey

ARCC Rosemont (UK), a light (32lb) alloy steel step through with 250w front hub motor running off Bosch power tool battery packs. Gates belt drive and IGH

Last edited: