Survey for those with higher mileage (2000+) ebikes

How often has your bike (with 2000+ miles on it) needed a repair (besides basic maintenance)?

• Never

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • once or twice

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • three or four times

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • 5-7 times

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 8+ times

• My 2000+ mileage bike is broken down, repairs pending

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • My 2000+ mileage bike is broken down, and I'm not having it repaired (or can't get it repaired).

• Total voters

bob armani

At 2100 miles: I have a BH Evo Jet as a commuter and I had to replace the side mount display due to the spring loaded pins that make contact with the base were sticky causing errors in the firmware. BH replaced under warranty and honored an upgrade in the process for a nominal fee. Just recently, Will from Scooteretti (on this forum) indicated that a new released GEN4 has replaced the side display which no longer has pins to cause this condition.

ebikemom

Administrator
Staff member
Need a new harness at 3700 miles. Free warranty repair. And, I have a loaner from the shop. :)

LuckyDog

At 5000+ miles I've had a few repairs. Mostly basic maintenance. Tires, tubes and disc pads. I've had to replace 5 spokes on the rear wheel and have it trued twice. Recently I had the return spring on the twist throttle fail and it has been a chore getting that resolved. The replacement grip from the mfg was from their newest model as the old one is no longer in production. Unfortunately it isn't compatible with the old controller. I have to decide if I want to replace a perfectly good controller just to have a working return spring. (The function the the throttle still works) While troubleshooting the twist grip I discovered some burnt connectors to the controller so I had the chance to clean those up myself. I do all of my own maintenance with exception of trueing the rear wheel which has a hub motor.

Attachments