top speed unlocking service

Discussion in 'BionX Forum' started by marc_cardwell, Sep 6, 2014.

1. marc_cardwell

marc_cardwell New Member

there's a guy in the DC area who has an ebay page and a CL ad, for $100, he'll take you console and motor and un-do the speed limit.

anyone used this service?

i read about a german device claiming to o the same thing, but have seen both positive and negative post about that.

2. Please support your local electric bike shop! These guys work hard offering test rides, sharing expertise and performing support.
    EBR strives to be impartial, we don't sell bikes ourselves and keep ads limited and relevant. Donations are greatly appreciated.

3. goodgnus

goodgnus New Member

I'm in Phoenix AZ and now offer the same service.

Cathryn likes this.
  4. Cathryn

Cathryn New Member

I'm looking at the bionx conversion. I live in Phoenix.

5. pghbob

pghbob New Member

i just used the "guy"in the dc area to remove the speed limiter from my 2012 BionX PL350 48V while i was in the city visiting. the major purpose of this is to eliminate the sharp cut-off of assistance at 20mph, not to go fast. all i can say is wow what a difference it makes. the bike now feels very natural around this speed just like the system performs at lower speeds. i just have to resist the temptation to do so, since energy usage goes up with the square of the speed depleting the battery far more quickly. all in all worth spending the $.

6. gkr

gkr New Member

anyone in the Portland, OR area "un-doing" the speed limiter?

7. Soarcj

Soarcj New Member

I just asked the guy who sold me the bike and he did it

8. Yumseyo

Yumseyo New Member

Is there anyone in the San Francisco bay area performing this service?

9. iamderric

iamderric New Member

Anyone in the La, Orange County, Riverside Ca area doing speed limit removals on Bionx?

10. Woodenshoe

Woodenshoe New Member

Is anyone still receiving bionx and unlocking them? I too have 500watt bionx that I would love even more if that cut off was eliminated.

11. Sergeyt22

Sergeyt22 New Member

Actually if you know about soldering a bit and can follow simple (but at times weird) instructions you can DIY.

1) Manual and software
    2) AVR CAN Module - 36 Euro
    3) Pair of connectors - HR30-6J-6P, HR30-6P-6S
    4) About of 1.5 hours of time and some luck! :)

My KTM ecross (250w) has been limited to 25km/h and now it is 35. Technically you can set what ever you like.

IMG_3192.JPG.jpg

IMG_3193.JPG.jpg

Happy (and fast) riding!

Best regards,
    Sergey

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  12. Ann M.

Ann M. Administrator

@Sergeyt22, your first link does not go to any manual or software, you just duplicated a link to a sales site for a module that looks nothing like your image.

13. Sergeyt22

Sergeyt22 New Member

Hi! Thank you for noticing - the correct link is this - http://www.bigxionflasher.org/unlock-bionx.html

The device on the picture is what I have made out of my DYI project...:) It is AVR CAN module, connection cables and some box from old flash cards reader.

14. kevinkiller

kevinkiller New Member