Trail / Step Through FLX questions

iamjcl

A few questions for owners of the newest (current) FLX bikes (G3? F3? Not sure what the nomenclature on these bikes is...)

1- Are the "FLX" letters and the website address on the bike stickers (removable) or painted on?

2- Do the bikes have brake lever motor cut-out switches (when you squeeze either brake the motor cuts power) ?

3- Seems like an issue with these bikes could be the motor chewing up cassettes / cogs and or chains - is this still an issue on the newest bikes? Is this just under hard riding conditions maybe?

4- These bikes seem much lighter than most others - are the website weights accurate?

5- Is there any other Bafang display which can be used instead of the little (likely unreadable to me) one they put on the Trail or Step Through?

6- I know the Bafang Ultra motor controllers / displays can be programmed extensively through a program out there on the interwebs and a USB hookup. Is this also the case with the M600 and its displays?

Thanks for any help or links to resources on FLX bikes.

iamjcl

I'd reached out to FLX with a few questions and thought I'd post their response here:
----------
Thank you for reaching out to FLX! Sorry we missed you on chat.
The M600 motors are equipped with the metal gears and do not have a brake sensor.
You must be going at least 6mph before the throttle will engage, everything on the Trail and Step-Through is pretty much the same, including the motor, LCD screen, shifters, gearing etc. The brakes are different though.
----------

I'd asked about brake motor cut out, so that what is meant by "brake sensor".

I thought that was a standard feature on ebikes but noticed no wiring coming from the brake actuators, only the hydraulic lines, so asked the question.

So there are some folks here that say the throttle works from a stop, but here FLX themselves state that is not the case...

Scotty S

Brake sensors are the motor cuttoffs. These are totally not needed on a torque sensor equipped motors like the m600 as there is no motor shut off delay when you stop pedaling like with a cadence sensor.
The bikes have a gear sensor so you can just keep pedaling while shifting or even with throttle applied. I think that 6 mile per hour before throttle engagement may be old info?

Carol K

A few questions for owners of the newest (current) FLX bikes (G3? F3? Not sure what the nomenclature on these bikes is...)

1- Are the "FLX" letters and the website address on the bike stickers (removable) or painted on?

2- Do the bikes have brake lever motor cut-out switches (when you squeeze either brake the motor cuts power) ?

3- Seems like an issue with these bikes could be the motor chewing up cassettes / cogs and or chains - is this still an issue on the newest bikes? Is this just under hard riding conditions maybe?

4- These bikes seem much lighter than most others - are the website weights accurate?

5- Is there any other Bafang display which can be used instead of the little (likely unreadable to me) one they put on the Trail or Step Through?

6- I know the Bafang Ultra motor controllers / displays can be programmed extensively through a program out there on the interwebs and a USB hookup. Is this also the case with the M600 and its displays?

Thanks for any help or links to resources on FLX bikes.
I would avoid this company. They do not stand behind or support their products. I took delivery of a step thru this week. The motor is VERY noisy.
I called them, sent videos. They told ME that I needed to open up the NEW motor, grease it up, put it back together. Told me it was “basic” maintenance I needed to do. Said they would send a video-never did. They refuse to take the bike back, replace it, fix it, or refund my money.
I would NEVER do business with this company. Wish I had done more research before buying. All I can do now is try to help others avoid my mistake.

iamjcl

I would avoid this company. They do not stand behind or support their products. I took delivery of a step thru this week. The motor is VERY noisy.
I called them, sent videos. They told ME that I needed to open up the NEW motor, grease it up, put it back together. Told me it was “basic” maintenance I needed to do. Said they would send a video-never did. They refuse to take the bike back, replace it, fix it, or refund my money.
I would NEVER do business with this company. Wish I had done more research before buying. All I can do now is try to help others avoid my mistake.
Thank you for taking the time to post this - definitely good to know. Don't think I want to get involved with this company...

I do hope you get your motor noise issue resolved - please post if so.

Carol K

Thank you for taking the time to post this - definitely good to know. Don't think I want to get involved with this company...

I do hope you get your motor noise issue resolved - please post if so.
I certainly will. I am sending FLX a certified letter today. Depending on how they respond (or not) I am filing a complaint with my credit card company.

Carol K

I hope they step up to help you
Time will tell. I had to get my credit card company to get involved and reverse the charge.
I believe this motor is defective and I am not buying a bunch of tools to open up and service a brand new motor that will likely fail again. They need to take the bike back and send it back to their manufacturer.